Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a newbie here and been searching around regarding upgrading my stereo. I have 2010 SE with the base stock stereo and four speakers. I'm wanting to keep it OEM so I'm interested in getting a myGig. I don't need navigation but would like to have the HD to store music, more power and touch screen. I believe I need a REN -- is this correct? Also, how hard is it to install myself? Do I need to have Starscan done on it? Lastly, I saw this site mygigs.eu and wondering if I could get one from there? The price sure is nice. Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
REN was relaced with RBZ both should work as long as you get a low Buss speed. You may need another module, mic. and it turned on at the dealer if you want Uconnect to work. It should mount and plug in OK.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wow I wish I saw that website when I bought mine. Its really easy if you're just installing the unit without the Sirius antenna and mic(i think you have to run wires through the pillar up the the roof for that). All you do pry off the bezel using a flat piece of plastic, unhook the three or four harness going to the hvac, unscrew the four screws holding the radio to the dash, pull the radio out, unhook the harness and antenna and reverse to install. Takes about 5 minutes. I also suggest checking out ebay and getting a lock pick for it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lockpick

Thanks guys for your input.

I admit I didn't know what a lockpick is so I looked it up. Why do you suggest I get one?

Thanks,
Rob

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I'm not sure what Jason's refering to, but without a nav system the main things you could gain is a mic for uconnect and camera interface. The camera is great but not sure what it has to do with changing out the radio. Most cars already have the Sat ant on the top so you shouldn't need that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
with the lock pick you can add multiple cameras, extra monitors, enable video while moving if you want. if you get the chr-550 you can control your ipod through the steering control if you have them. If your car didn't come with a sirius radio then it won't have an antenna for it like mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts