Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Dodge Caliber R/T Baja Demon
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title is simple. The objective is as well. I've searched the forums and threads for many months now between here, the Charger and Caliber sites and the evidence is inconclusive on this topic. People seem to have abandoned it all together since about 2017. I CHALLENGE all of you to work with me in hammering out this singular topic once and for all. I'm doing this within the Challengertalk site because that's what my HU MyGig deck came out of. In short, these units are still popular and in mass use so this is relevant. My basic IT knowledge recalls having to format USB's add text files with RUN commands to boot and install WIN7 but as for what these MyGig HU's "like" to read through this USB port I'm clueless and not about to buy a DVD burner so let's all talk please. Anyone successful updating anything on RER's via USB??? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I did it a couple of months ago before i put my car away for the winter. If no one else chimes in I can check my desktop at home to link the website I used to update my RER. Just had to download the newest versions of 2 softwares and load them seperately onto the harddrive. I dont believe I had to do any formatting for the USB stick I used, just downloaded them and dropped them into the USB then plugged it into the radio.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heres the website I used. Even though it says that it cannot be installed with a usb I did it and it worked for me. Download MyGig RER 2.404 Software Update | Gracenote 6905 Update. You can also update your gracenotes for songs/albums/artists to appear as well
Thx. Checking it out now. Care to briefly share your personal experience? PC, MAC or Chrome when you formatted the stick etc. since that is that actual discussion, you know, HOW to do the update(s), not just where to find the updates.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and yes, I've been to that website as well as many others and many forums and many threads so I guess I need to be less vague or more specific with my topic discussion. This thread is to discuss HOW to physically perform MyGig updates via USB and the specific processes involved with formatting the stick drive and adding the necessary file(s) and whether or not that should be done one at a time or in bulk .bin format or actually making the stick a bootable DVD image to fool the HU into thinking it's a DVD... NOT just where to find the downloads. I think we have that one covered.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts