Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
6.1L Owners: Has anyone here updated their MyGig radio/nav system? I think we all have the 730N "RER" model. That's what I have in my 2009, anyway.

In looking into it, there seems to be 3 areas of update:
1) Firmware (or Radio Operating System)
2) Grace Notes (Song title / cover art data)
3) Map data for the GPS

It looks like you can update the first two for free, but there is a cost to update the Maps. My firmware is pretty old (1.220) and Grace Notes are old too (881). I will probably give it a shot to update those. I'm not sure about the Map update yet.

If anyone has updated, let me know of any good/bad experiences. Thanks!

·
Registered
828 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Has anyone here updated their MyGig radio/nav system? I think we all have the 720N "RER" model. That's what I have in my 2009, anyway.

In looking into it, there seems to be 3 areas of update:
1) Firmware (or Radio Operating System)
2) Grace Notes (Song title / cover art data)
3) Map data for the GPS

It looks like you can update the first two for free, but there is a cost to update the Maps. My firmware is pretty old (1.220) and Grace Notes are old too (881). I will probably give it a shot to update those. I'm not sure about the Map update yet.

If anyone has updated, let me know of any good/bad experiences. Thanks!
You need to know what radio you have for sure before you even attemp to update the software. By the looks of the car in your sig and it having a nose badge I'd say you have the 730n RER. This radio has had many updates throught its time. Depending on what SW version you are on, you may not be able to just update with the latest. You may have to do it in stages. This link is to the guy that releases all the updates to the public. You can even PM him with your current SW version and he can tell you what exactly to do. Mind you, he is in Switzerland or Sweden so he may not answer right away...I will pm you with link as well in case mods nuke it.

***NEW MyGIG Software Update RER-REW-REP 2.404***

1 - 4 of 4 Posts