Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 SPWB Loaded!
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the site and really like all the good information I've been reading. I have a part and don't know where it goes. It was in my cupholder when I picked up the car. Don't know what to even call it. It's made of black plastic. See the photos and any help is appreciated.
Wood Wood stain Hardwood Plywood Circle
Wood Hardwood Wood stain Circle Plywood

·
Registered
Plum 2019 SXT AWD
379 Posts
Interesting. I have had pretty much the entire interior of the car apart and I do not recall seeing anything like that. Kind of looks like it goes around a headrest post, but the pictures I am finding say no. It has clicky thing-a-ma-jigs on the bottom so it snaps in place somewhere. I would still lean towards a seat part, but not sure where it goes. I will take a look around next time I get a chance.

·
Super Moderator
17,237 Posts
it looks like the trim that would go around the arm of the sun visor where it mounts to the roof / headliner

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
671 Posts
It does look like a sun visor mounting trim cover, but it doesn't match the shape of the covers on my Challenger. My questions would be, does it actually go on my car, and, why was it not put on during dealer prep? It may not even be a Challenger part, but just be something tossed into the car by accident. Since your Challenger is new, it should be taken care of by the dealership.

·
Super Moderator
17,237 Posts
The Charger and 300 come down the line intermixed with Challengers - so its possible an assembly line worker dropped the cover in the vehicle after they had already installed what was supposed to be on the vehicle.

I've seen extra screws and bolts at times in trunk wells / spare tire storage wells where a screw got dropped, they probably picked up another one and completed the installation of a part / bracket or trim. I've seen extra push pins and clips laying around as well on different vehicles

·
Registered
671 Posts
This is true, also, I have found odd pieces and fasteners while doing pre delivery inspections in the past. I have also seen vehicles delivered with small pieces incorrectly installed or even missing. Sometimes, an extra piece or fastener is left in the vehicle because it takes less time to leave it and get another than to reach in for the first one that was dropped.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,705 Posts
Is it odd that there is no part number on it?

·
Registered
2020 SPWB Loaded!
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it looks like the trim that would go around the arm of the sun visor where it mounts to the roof / headliner
Thanks for all the responses. I checked sun visors today and both have triangular covers on them.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
It's obviously a trim piece. I'd ask your Dodge dealer's body repair shop what it may have come from. They should have an idea.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Okay, I recognize that part now. You can be relieved to know that it is not from your Challenger. I have a Challenger, so I looked it over, but I didn't see a trim piece like that. But, looking at the picture again, I knew I had seen that part before. So, I looked at my wife's Charger, and saw it within seconds. It is the cover for the sun visor mounting at the pivot point. Since Chargers and Challengers are built on the same line, it probably was dropped in your Challenger by mistake.

·
Registered
2020 SPWB Loaded!
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay, I recognize that part now. You can be relieved to know that it is not from your Challenger. I have a Challenger, so I looked it over, but I didn't see a trim piece like that. But, looking at the picture again, I knew I had seen that part before. So, I looked at my wife's Charger, and saw it within seconds. It is the cover for the sun visor mounting at the pivot point. Since Chargers and Challengers are built on the same line, it probably was dropped in your Challenger by mistake.
Oh, okay great to know. I had looked over the entire car and couldn't find where this would go. It was driving me nuts. Thanks again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts