Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After sitting for no longer than 30 minutes, I started up my 2011 SE and noticed a bunch of blue/grey smoke wafting past the drivers side window... (I had a pretty good tail wind) for a few seconds it looked like I was doing a burnout. But it immediately cleared up... so fast I thought maybe it was from another car... but... I got out and looked and there was none nearby. It only did it once and only once. That was a good six months ago.

I'm still leaving open about a 5% possibility the smoke came from somewhere else and was just very well timed... but figured I'd ask if anybody had experienced anything similar.

Look forward to hearing your responses!

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
15,730 Posts
you can get some oil pooling up in the intake (due to the PCV system design) and on start-up, a cloud (blue smoke = oil) can emit briefly.

Mine rarely ever will do it, but parked at my brother's steeply sloped driveway when I visit, it will do it every time.

Reactions: Kowalksi

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mine rarely ever will do it, but parked at my brother's steeply sloped driveway when I visit, it will do it every time.[/QUOTE]

X2- Only time I have ever seen any smoke from the exhaust on mine is when I start it after it has been parked on the sloped driveway.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to know... I was parked in a level parking lot... but I bet you guys are correct. Thank you.

·
Registered
2012 challenger srt
1,951 Posts
Good to know... I was parked in a level parking lot... but I bet you guys are correct. Thank you.
They all do it on occasion. Put a catch can on it and you will not have it happen again. My 392 did it every once in a while until I put the catch can on and no more smoke on start up.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
I know a few of the 5.7L Jeeps had this problem when parked facing uphill due to oil pull over on the rear cylinder walls. They needed an updated oil pan and a flash update to the PCM which incorporates a reduced engine vacuum feature that is enabled under these conditions this lessens the effect of oil pull over.

I don't believe that's your case though. ;)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Mine would do the exact same thing a couple times a week. I ended up solving the problem by having Arrington build me a 426 blown stroker. I told my wife it was worth every penny since the car dose not smoke now.

KW.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts