Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2015 scat pack challenger A8. I am trying to get the most power while being n/a. Is anyone running or have some pointers on what to do next to my 392. Currently have bbk long tube headers 1 7/8, cai, ported tb, hellcat injectors, E85, racestars with mickey in the back.. Also have E85 tune and trans tune. Looking to either port my manifold or buy the edelbrock victor and port that one. but I need some real feedback before spending money. thanks.

1F3FEDEA-CCED-43BE-AABA-F68FE6571875.jpg

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
432 Posts
I personally don't think you'll be satisfied with the gains from the intake manifold, but just so you know the you'll lose the active runners and it is a very similar design to the 6.1. Edelbrock themselves even say it's more for boosted/nitrous cars.

A cam will probably get you some better gains, I would do a cam first and then if you still feel you want that extra little bit of power up top do the intake manifold after that.

Stock Apache heads might be the best flowing factory heads on any OHV. Actually, Im pretty sure most aftermarket ported GM heads still flow less than the stock Apache heads.

I like the build tho, any track times/Dyno #'s ?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I’d port and polish the OE heads, cam, springs, lifters then port and clean up the casting flash in the OE intake. I’d also pass on the Victor intake.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I personally don't think you'll be satisfied with the gains from the intake manifold, but just so you know the you'll lose the active runners and it is a very similar design to the 6.1. Edelbrock themselves even say it's more for boosted/nitrous cars.

A cam will probably get you some better gains, I would do a cam first and then if you still feel you want that extra little bit of power up top do the intake manifold after that.

Stock Apache heads might be the best flowing factory heads on any OHV. Actually, Im pretty sure most aftermarket ported GM heads still flow less than the stock Apache heads.

I like the build tho, any track times/Dyno #'s ?
Yeah man that’s the plan, to save money for heads and cam but it can be a bit pricey haha. And no times or dyno pulls yet.. I do plan on hitting the dyno soon but want to Make sure I hit 500 before going so lol so I’m looking for any power anyhow but thanks man!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’d port and polish the OE heads, cam, springs, lifters then port and clean up the casting flash in the OE intake. I’d also pass on the Victor intake.
So polish and port stock heads? Is there any site that does that with sending in my heads?

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
432 Posts
So polish and port stock heads? Is there any site that does that with sending in my heads?
HHP, MMX, Shophemi, and other vendors all do porting I believe. You have the option of sending in your heads or a refundable core fee where they send you ported heads and you send them you're stock heads. Just my opinion but the stock Apache heads flow pretty great numbers for a stock displacement motor, but if max effort is the goal and budget doesn't matter as much then go for the heads.
I'd bet you're damn close or at 500whp on E85 rn.

·
Registered
767 Posts
New high stall converter and a cam w/appropriate valvetrain. Help you rev up quicker and leave the line harder
Converter sounds like a good idea, but you should let your cam choice decide how much stall you need from the converter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts