Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks in N. TX use to gather and talk cars for a bit and then do some spirited driving on some back country roads all the while enjoying the scenery along the way.

I missed those days so my girl and I cut out this past weekend and found a great cruise route. Was last minute decision as was not sure if weather was going to hold out.

Starts out on 423 in Frisco, heads N of 380 on 1385.
From there you head east on Fm 428 to downtown Celina where you can enjoy lunch in a old town cafe with some photo op opportunities with old building backdrops. From there we headed west on FM 455 to downtown Pilot Point where we enjoyed a few beverages in the hole in the wall place that had free shuffle board. There is plenty of parking in the open square there for more chit chat/pictures as well. You then proceed back east on 455 to pickup 1385 again to go south. For those wanting more drive time, Lake Ray Roberts is right there and I am sure there is a route around the lake.

This map shows the route I took.
fm 1385 tx - Google Maps

Let me know if you are interested and we can maybe coordinate a group outing. Looks like next Sat (4/30) may be meeting some folks at a dyno event in Lewisville so that weekend is probably out for me.

I do recommend getting out there soon though as the wildflowers are in full bloom and it is still tolerable in driving with the windows down! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Man I miss them cruises too! The weekend after this one on Sat morning usually go to the Cars and Coffee maybe meetup there and run one? May is gonna be a FUN month! Have made a couple of Heartlandvideo's cruises down Houston way, and they keep asking WHEN we would do one up here again. Email me if ya can/wanna run that Sat, or Sunday and I can send out to TOC on the update for May that I'm bout to send out! CYA Mark:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man I miss them cruises too! The weekend after this one on Sat morning usually go to the Cars and Coffee maybe meetup there and run one? May is gonna be a FUN month! Have made a couple of Heartlandvideo's cruises down Houston way, and they keep asking WHEN we would do one up here again. Email me if ya can/wanna run that Sat, or Sunday and I can send out to TOC on the update for May that I'm bout to send out! CYA Mark:thumbsup:
What time do you cut out of C&C? I have been wanting to go sometime but getting up early on a weekend to participate was not high on my list. Showing up later to do a meet up before a cruise is doable though!

I am thinking about showing up to the Mopar plant event on the 21st too.
I may drop by a speed show in Lewisville this Sat and meet up with some folks and possibly do a dyno run as well.

·
Premium Member
4,024 Posts
We are now in Wichita Falls Texas so we would love to go on a cruise one weekend as well.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like will be doing a cruise after the Cars & Coffee meet this Saturday. Anyone in the area, please meet up to cruise on out afterwards. I am not going to participate in the show but will be there around 11 or so to look at some cool cars, shoot some bs and cruise out somewhere between 11:30 & 12.

Attached is the proposed route. It takes us to downtown Celina where we eat lunch at a nice cafe and then over the Pilot Point downtown square. There I plan on hanging out for a bit for a beer or two before heading back home.

Here are details of show from a TOC post.

"CARS & COFFEE" is the FIRST Saturday of each month (Weather Permitting): Plano, Tx ( DFW area)
The next one is: 7:AM to 12:Noon, May 7, 2011
( June 4, July 2, Aug 6, Sep 3, Oct 1, Nov 5, Dec 3)

It runs ALL Year Long... Texas has the 2nd LARGEST CARS & COFFEE in the U.S.A. (The
original and Largest is in Southern California)
Classic BMW
6800 Dallas Pkwy, Plano, TX 75024 (214) 778-2600
The Cross-Street is: W. Spring Creek Pkwy and you can see it from the Tollway (Dallas Pkwy).
The event is FREE
The coffee is FREE (or bring your own) The juice & water is free (with pastries),mmmm!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Man I'd love to be a part of this but some family illness have sort of consumed my free time of the last few weeks and I am just burned out juggling work and this personal matter that this weekend will be catchup weekend for me for things that have gone undone around the house. :(

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I understand about other commitments myself...

For those who are coming, it should be a great showing this weekend with the number of cars on hand as well as some good weather to drive the back roads with the windows down! Won't be long before the TX heat makes that impossible anymore...

·
Registered
58 Posts
:thanks:Sniper, I really appreciate you gett'n the cruise together... I was such a pleasure meet'n you and Rebecca y'all are such an awesome couple, thanks for the drive and letting me hang out and spend a beautiful day with y'all.

Hope we can all do it again soon....

===Debbie

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was fun and it was great meeting you. I am sure this will not be our last drive! Nice pics too! (Cool one off your hood) I need to download mine.

:thanks:Sniper, I really appreciate you gett'n the cruise together... I was such a pleasure meet'n you and Rebecca y'all are such an awesome couple, thanks for the drive and letting me hang out and spend a beautiful day with y'all.

Hope we can all do it again soon....

===Debbie

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Heard good things and hopefully y'all do it again. If you plan it, they will come. Hopefully some of us southerners will make it up there too.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Did somebody mention Road Trip!

There are a few of us down Houston way looking for a
reason to "hit the road". Hope to have a caravan to
the next get-together.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you guys want to do this again the 1st Saturday in June I'd love to try and make it!
That might be a plan. Last month we met at the Cars & Coffee meet in Plano and cruised out from there and got some lunch etc. It worked out well.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Just a suggestion, as traffic is kinda bad on Saturdays, think 10:00am Sunday start may be better? Thats the time/day they run cruises down south and as LONG as their routes are we don't have much traffic till bout 12:00 down there. Just getting home from the last one up here, got stuck in bad jamup! JMO

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just a suggestion, as traffic is kinda bad on Saturdays, think 10:00am Sunday start may be better? Thats the time/day they run cruises down south and as LONG as their routes are we don't have much traffic till bout 12:00 down there. Just getting home from the last one up here, got stuck in bad jamup! JMO
I don't know about that... There are alot of god fearing folk out in the country getting out on the road for Sunday church. We don't really have any 4 lane country roads around here that I know of and with a bigger group, passing is not a good idea.

Where did you cruise up here?

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
It's been our experience that 10:00 am departures on Sunday mornings
works best for us because everyone seems to already be in church by
the time we get to them. The church lot's are full of parked cars, and
they're not on the roads.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts