Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Challenger back from the dealer yesterday. Pretty sure they did nothing they were supposed to and I'll have to go the the dealer 50 miles away, but I wanted to run some things by you guys.

1) is there a way to make sure the DRL's were properly activated and not just changed the country code? They come on in Rev and Dr if park break is not on if that helps.

2) is there a way to tell if they actually replaced the door handles per the recall? They did not test them as they don't work... I noticed that "damaged key" comes up when I try to push to start so that may be the reason the passive entry is not working, but don't know if the REALLY replaced the handles. I'm hoping there is a way to check by looking.

3) They were supposed to replace the seat connectors but when someone is in the passenger seat the light still comes on and off...it will "ding" as well....guessing that wasn't done. Anything else cause this typically?

4) Any idea what the "damaged key" error is about?

Sad thing is, it's under warranty and they would have bee paid to repair everything.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Sad thing is, it's under warranty and they would have bee paid to repair everything.
They don't make much money of warranty work, yes they get paid but not like they do for cash repairs. Dealers will let cars sit and deal with all the cash work before and when they do get to it, do half ass lazy work.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're going to the wrong shops. We treat warranty work just like customer work. Inspect each vehicle when it's on the lift and take care of anything we can before it leaves the shop. Most shops work off flat rate (or at least they are supposed to in order for their labor rates to be approved by the manufactures) so a job is a job. With warranty, you don't have to call for customer approval:)

I've been a service manager for over 20 years and a tech for 15 before that.

·
Premium Member
4,039 Posts
DRL means Daytime Running Light, so if they are on when the car is running AND in gear, you should be a ok. I just checked mine, they only come on when it is in gear

Next time, do not leave until you have checked that everything is correct, and don't leave until you are satisfied.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
You're going to the wrong shops. We treat warranty work just like customer work. Inspect each vehicle when it's on the lift and take care of anything we can before it leaves the shop. Most shops work off flat rate (or at least they are supposed to in order for their labor rates to be approved by the manufactures) so a job is a job. With warranty, you don't have to call for customer approval:)

I've been a service manager for over 20 years and a tech for 15 before that.
Smart, because someday those in-warranty customers will become out-of-warranty customers. :thup:

·
Premium Member
9,676 Posts
Why is everything relating to car dealerships always the same, underhanded ands sleazy?
No other industry is looked at so poorly.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DRL means Daytime Running Light, so if they are on when the car is running AND in gear, you should be a ok. I just checked mine, they only come on when it is in gear

Next time, do not leave until you have checked that everything is correct, and don't leave until you are satisfied.
I'm aware what DRL means. I'm also aware that there is the proper way to activate them and then the is activating them by changing the country code, which leads to other problems I've read. I'm wanting to know if there is a way of making sure it was done properly.

My selling dealer actually took it to the local Dodge dealer. He was as upset as myself when he found out everything wasn't done. They had it almost a week and, as far as we can tell, only turned on the drl's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts