Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is everyone out there running a bottle warmer when spraying? I completed my install, however I don't have a bottle warmer at the moment. I'm very hesitant to spray nitrous without a bottle warmer. I interested in every ones experience in with this. To start with I only plan on running a 50 shot. I have the NGK 2315's gapped at 30 based on what I've gathered from some of you all on the forum.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks BoostedScat..... I didn't run it, but I wanted to sooooo badly. I'm getting a warmer, and all of my bottles have a pressure gauge. I'm also going to get one for the interior to monitor things.

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger RT
1,066 Posts
From my experience with nitrous, you really waste your fillup by running at too low of a pressure. I ran it on an old Pontiac and once at Maple Grove, my heater wasn't working right so I could only get pressure up to around 750. I only picked up around .3 to .4 from my 75 shot. I replaced the heater and went back the following week. With pressures in the 1000 range, I picked up a full second. That's a big difference in power for just a 75 shot.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack
231 Posts
Thanks BoostedScat..... I didn't run it, but I wanted to sooooo badly. I'm getting a warmer, and all of my bottles have a pressure gauge. I'm also going to get one for the interior to monitor things.
I might have a Nitrous Outlet warmer for sale if you're interested. I'm switching from dual bottles to single and have remote opener, heater, etc.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much are you asking for the heater? I've been looking at ProNitrous.com warmers, just not sure yet?

Thanks Prector555, as always your insight is valued by me.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just an Update, I listened to Prector55 and didn't run my system until I had a warmer. Full disclosure I still need to buy an actual warmer, so for the interm I used a propane torque. I was able to get the bottle up to 1000psi, and man what a difference. My first run N/A was a 13.90 on my Atturos. That wasn't bad considering I matched my best 50 at 1.95 leaving way low in the rpm range. Second run with the bottle at unknown pressure I ran a 12.87 at 108 mph. What a rush. The third and final run of my night, I broke out in the first round, but went a 12.33 @ 109. This was the run with the bottle pressure at 1000 psi. The hit was clean and the banging of gears was smooth, the DR's hooked amazingly (considering I'm in a M6 and hammer them at 4500 to 5k launches). I'm hooked on this power adder deal. I'm sure it will do better with a better tune, and more testing. Thanks everyone for all of your help.

·
Registered
670 Posts
yea a gauge & heater are a must if you run the psi to low you'll be running fuel rich.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts