Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2017 challenger hellcat A8
1,988 Posts
Smart move recording the issue so you can show the shop the problem exists.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Update....

This morning the dealership has checked the car after a night with -20C. The mechanic have seen the problem and is really a problem, it's not the cold protection.

For the moment, oil was added in the transmission (it's the second time the oil level is verified). Probably the first mechanic has not the competence to check the oil level of a transmission, because the first time, the oil level was at maximum!!!!

To follow...

·
Registered
2017 challenger hellcat A8
1,988 Posts
Thanks for the update

Reactions: USRWDV8

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hi, it's the second test after a cold night. The problem seem to be resolved. The second mechanic has really verify the oil level of the transmission and my problem was missing oil.

I'm happy that the transmission do not need to be opened.

The fact is that even at the dealership, it's not every mechanic who can check the oil level of transmission.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Crazy. Then again, I've had cars 'grow' brake pads before! That's when you have more thickness than at the previous oil change. And I've concluded that this happens because people check boxes without actually performing the checks. :rolleyes:
Glad you got that figured out, man. And I must've lived in SoCal for too long because -10C sounds real cold to me! I don't think I've seen less than 10C in a long time and that is enough to make my TPMS whacky and my tranny sluggish.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts