Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beloved are our Challenger's and you don't always call beloved things by their default names e.g. "Car" "The Challenger" etc... Silly question but what if at all have you named your Challenger?

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Maybe I lack imagination, originality or sentimentality, but... yeah, it's either my car or my Challenger. I haven't called it names yet because... it hasn't crapped out yet. :D
I know it's a halfway popular thing on CT and we even have a thread dedicated to it (http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f118/naming-car-35820/), but that touchy-feely stuff just ain't for me.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Isn't there another thread on this out there already?

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Yep

But I'll play. I've always called it the "Big Iron."

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
I refer to it as "The Dodge" which made a lot more sense before I sold all my other cars.

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
. . . it's either my car or my Challenger. . .
........^^^^^^^^^
..............This

My cars' name is right on the dash; Challenger. :D

Reactions: DJ Hemi and USRWDV8

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've been calling mine Bad Mother [email protected] I even tried to get BMF for my license play but the DMV wasn't going for it. It worked out for the best though, I got the plate I really love "FATGUY".

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
Car name

My girl since day one was/is called "Angelina" Even got her name on the seats!

Attachments

·
Registered
610 Posts
mine is Maxine... short Max !

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
This is kind of stange!

I'm not into this either, but I usually tell my wife that I am going for a cruise in "The Big Dog"
Normally I just refer to it as The Challeger!

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
The Go Machine

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Named mine The General, since I grew up watching the Dukes of Hazzard and always wanted to take the General Lee for a spin!

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
Maybe I lack imagination, originality or sentimentality, but... yeah, it's either my car or my Challenger. I haven't called it names yet because... it hasn't crapped out yet. :D
I know it's a halfway popular thing on CT and we even have a thread dedicated to it (http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f118/naming-car-35820/), but that touchy-feely stuff just ain't for me.
We always name our vehicles female names. My Challenger is "Kenzi" after the female NCIS:LA agent.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I have always felt the same way as USRWDV8. However, I finally had to give in after people starting asking me this question at gas stations and car shows.

I couldn't think of anything at the time, so I finally came up with, C. Phyllis.

Right.

Just keep saying the first initial, and the name, as one word to yourself until it clicks. :lol:

Why?

Because she's contagious and potentially lethal.

That's my story. :)

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
It wouldn't hurt to call it "Challenger" seeing how few people know what it is. And after, all it's its real name. If you wanna get fancy you can say my "392", "R/T" or whatever, but, I dunno, a man calling a car his "baby" makes me cringe a bit. I know that many of you do, though, and they usually have families so that wife and kids will have their say in how the car is called. Nothing much you can do about that. Maybe I'm getting old and cranky.

As for C.Phyllis, it's kinda funny, but I think it would only work if a woman had gifted the car to you. :rofl:

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
I'm with USRWDV8; my car's name is "the car", "the Challenger", "the Dodge", etc. Guys around here just don't give their cars fancy names as if they were christening a boat.

well at 4000 lbs it's more of a yacht

Reactions: shiftintohigh

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Just imagine the damage that a bottle of champagne against the hull would do, though!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Mine is called MAYHEM because when I'm in the car Mayhem will ensue

·
Premium Member
2009 Dodge Challenger
657 Posts
I have called mine Maggie for the obvious.. but now that I read another poster calls his Kenzi..... I may change her name to Kenzi. Kenzi is soooo hot!

Reactions: Captain Awesome
1 - 20 of 22 Posts