Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the new scratch removing product called the nanomagic cloth? According to the manufacturer, it "contains super fine metallic powder (sodium ions) that buff out scratches without damaging the paint. It also removes oxides from the surface of the paint and keeps it looking newer and protects it for a longer period of time than if you were to just polish it with a regular cloth."

The cost for this cloth is a hefty $29.95.

A good new product or snake oil?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
not new tech, maybe its new in a 'cloth' format. There is some good stuff on the market, but the trouble with ALL of this stuff, is it never last very long.
How can it? small particles fill the scratch and make things look great for day or 3, then they are wiped, washed, blown out after a few days.
Real permanent paint correction doesnt come in a rag unfortunately.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,728 Posts
I don't want to poo poo it without seeing a detailers review...but not my car, lol

Quality MF cloth and some polishing compound will do the job safely, tried and true

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2012 Charger Pursuit
5,562 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 Charger Pursuit
5,562 Posts
I question any product that has the word "magic" in its name.
The description you pasted in reads to me like they wrote it with the intent of making it sound like it does something useful, but they didn’t want any of the claims to be demonstrably false so they just used some $20 words and stayed vague.

The part about being able to buff out scratches is just not believable. Hand polishing (within reason of course) just doesn’t have enough torque to buff out fine scratches from the clear coat. A machine polisher’s power is necessary to do that.

And the part about oxides is misleading since that‘s really only a thing with single stage paints AFAIK. Everything nowadays is clear coated and not subject to such deterioration.

I suppose it’s possible the product fills in minor scratches and hides them temporarily, but even if that were the case, any AIO wax would do the same thing and leave a coating of wax behind for less money, so I don’t see the product as being a good deal even in the unlikely event it hides scratches by temporarily filling them in.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,728 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts