Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the new scratch removing product called the nanomagic cloth? According to the manufacturer, it "contains super fine metallic powder (sodium ions) that buff out scratches without damaging the paint. It also removes oxides from the surface of the paint and keeps it looking newer and protects it for a longer period of time than if you were to just polish it with a regular cloth."

The cost for this cloth is a hefty $29.95.

A good new product or snake oil?

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
not new tech, maybe its new in a 'cloth' format. There is some good stuff on the market, but the trouble with ALL of this stuff, is it never last very long.
How can it? small particles fill the scratch and make things look great for day or 3, then they are wiped, washed, blown out after a few days.
Real permanent paint correction doesnt come in a rag unfortunately.

Reactions: vpzyck

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,615 Posts
I don't want to poo poo it without seeing a detailers review...but not my car, lol

Quality MF cloth and some polishing compound will do the job safely, tried and true

A Guy

Reactions: vpzyck

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,862 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,862 Posts
I question any product that has the word "magic" in its name.
The description you pasted in reads to me like they wrote it with the intent of making it sound like it does something useful, but they didn’t want any of the claims to be demonstrably false so they just used some $20 words and stayed vague.

The part about being able to buff out scratches is just not believable. Hand polishing (within reason of course) just doesn’t have enough torque to buff out fine scratches from the clear coat. A machine polisher’s power is necessary to do that.

And the part about oxides is misleading since that‘s really only a thing with single stage paints AFAIK. Everything nowadays is clear coated and not subject to such deterioration.

I suppose it’s possible the product fills in minor scratches and hides them temporarily, but even if that were the case, any AIO wax would do the same thing and leave a coating of wax behind for less money, so I don’t see the product as being a good deal even in the unlikely event it hides scratches by temporarily filling them in.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,615 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone tried the new scratch removing product called the nanomagic cloth? According to the manufacturer, it "contains super fine metallic powder (sodium ions) that buff out scratches without damaging the paint. It also removes oxides from the surface of the paint and keeps it looking newer and protects it for a longer period of time than if you were to just polish it with a regular cloth."

The key here is the ingredients. MINERAL OIL. They can say anything, but just buy you some mineral oil swab on same result. And no it won't last thru any water. It simply darkens the scratch of any color. No miracle or magic, 100% BS here. The only magic here is making your cash disappear.

·
Premium Member
6,862 Posts
I've been wanting to buy one but never got around to placing an order. I've read good reviews about it.
I just read a good review of it on Amazon, and a reviewer attached this pic to their review:

While they didn’t explicitly state this was fixed by the product being reviewed, why else would it be attached to the review if not to imply that very thing?

No cloth that is rubbed onto the paint by hand will have fixed that damaged surface in the pic.

That review is surely a fake, and it’s resemblance to many other 5 star reviews for that product leave me believing the majority of its reviews on Amazon cannot be trusted to be real.

That’s just my opinion though, whatever that’s worth...

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's just the mineral oil. And for $30 it's a complete rip off. They mix a bit of wax with mineral oil and waaalaaa. That is not magic, except for taking your money. Those people are laughing all the way to the bank. I'll also add that one of the seller's posted a picture of his fixed BMW and he had a rear view mirror hanger still on the car from being at probably a repair shop lol

·
Premium Member
6,862 Posts
It's just the mineral oil. And for $30 it's a complete rip off. They mix a bit of wax with mineral oil and waaalaaa. That is not magic, except for taking your money. Those people are laughing all the way to the bank.
Im sure you’re wrong about that!

After all, all the stolen money will have been deposited electronically, so need to actually go to the bank! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
379 Posts
It's just the mineral oil. And for $30 it's a complete rip off. They mix a bit of wax with mineral oil and waaalaaa. That is not magic, except for taking your money. Those people are laughing all the way to the bank. I'll also add that one of the seller's posted a picture of his fixed BMW and he had a rear view mirror hanger still on the car from being at probably a repair shop lol
I wonder if the mineral oil was WD-40 ? If yes, the WD-40 doesn't really hurt clear-coat or paint.
Have you seen the new 'Ceramic' coating advertised on TV? Two bottles and two micro-fibre clothes for $19.95 ? saw it on ME TV Hogan's Hero's :cool:
But wait there is more ! The guy sets the hood on fire that has supposedly been treated with the fancy new ceramic finish coating stuff , and it protects it ! hmmmm,
Pass.

I will keep to my Costco yellow micro-fibre clothes and Chemical guys 'Banana wax'.🍌 ( for the Challenger)
I did order some more Zaino,Ultra Clean 'Gloss Enhancer' Z6. Its good stuff. First tried it in 06', well established. It's good on the cars, Jeep, & used it on the D=Ram. Smells real good too 🌹!
I told my niece she could put a small spritz of the 'Z6' right behind her ears and could go to the dance. She rolled her eyes , LOL :alien:

Have a good one !
Parrott

·
Registered
1 Posts

I just got my 2 cloths in the mail yesterday and tried them on my black Lexus. Didn't do anything at all to the light scratches I had. Total rip off!! Don't buy them...

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,615 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk Shirley ;) Not a shock :)

A Guy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts