Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed the Monroney stickers no longer state that the 8.4 is Navigation Capable. Is factory nav no longer available to be activated on cars coming without the nav option on the sticker?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,209 Posts
Reactions: mjb4450

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
16,481 Posts
Last year for this was 2016, the new radio that came out in 2017 is what it is, sorry.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: mjb4450

·
Registered
306 Posts
My Ram has Nav, My 16 Charger had it as well, My 19 WB Scat had it too. Then in 2 months, I had a new old stock 18 charger with Android Auto, and then My Cat came with it too. At first I was pissed when buying them, but since then I have learned to really like it. speed trap alerts, instant road traffic re-routes, etc... better voice control including texts and Nav in general.

It worked perfect in my Charger, my Cat Challenger I had to go through some warranty issues but now it seems to be fine. So in other words, I don't really miss it yet and I travel 5k miles a month in the Charger.

Hope that helps -

·
Registered
116 Posts
I could care less about factory nav. As long as I have CarPlay or Android Auto I am fine. The navigation is far better, updated automatically and doesn't cost me $160 each time i want to update it, which is stupid. IMHO, every factory provided navigation system on the market is overpriced and restrictive.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I have to agree. Originally, I was considering upgrading my non-nav 8.4 radio to a nav 8.4 radio, but the more that I used Android Auto and Waze, I completely lost the desire to upgrade the radio. I would NEVER use it since Waze is so much better and I always have my phone with me (on-call for work 24x7x365).

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,717 Posts
I could care less about factory nav. As long as I have CarPlay or Android Auto I am fine. The navigation is far better, updated automatically and doesn't cost me $160 each time i want to update it, which is stupid. IMHO, every factory provided navigation system on the market is overpriced and restrictive.
You can typically get 1 free update within 1 year of purchase if you complain that it isn't up to date. Plus the one, (maybe only 1) nice thing about factory, is the integration in the center cluster for upcoming turns/distances.

·
Vendor
13,404 Posts
with modern phone technology, built in nav system are becoming obsolete, app's like Waze are quickly replacing the need for navigation built into the vehicle

why, the app's are live and real time, Waze is a perfect example of that, will quickly reroute you for an accident or major slow down, pin point leo, etc

interactive systems

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
OK, you will hate me, but here goes...

When I drive, I pretty much keep my eyes on the road, instead of the NAV unit. I'm just listening for verbal directions. The factory NAV seems to be more verbal than Waze. At least when I reach my destination, it will tell me if it's on the right or left. I know I'm nit-picking, I know what the factory NAV costs, but I like it.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
OK, you will hate me, but here goes...

When I drive, I pretty much keep my eyes on the road, instead of the NAV unit. I'm just listening for verbal directions. The factory NAV seems to be more verbal than Waze. At least when I reach my destination, it will tell me if it's on the right or left. I know I'm nit-picking, I know what the factory NAV costs, but I like it.
If that is so important to you, Google Maps does do that (although I thought that Waze did too now - I know that I've heard it tell me which side before - not sure if it does it all of the time or not though). To me, all of the other benefits of Waze easily outweigh that one small issue though, if it's even still an issue. The app is constantly updated, adding new features (something else that you don't get with the factory app).

I used to be into offline navigation apps pretty heavily (mainly iGo navigation) and I would never go back to an offline navigation app. Waze is just so much better at almost everything. I would much rather have always-updated maps and real-time re-routing any day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts