Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I try to download pics onto it or music files from my iPhone and when it asks me from the USB the icon isn't lit up to be selected.

The cable still charges the phone and the Bluetooth work for the music but I need to put it on the hard drive.

Can anyone help me on this? Or have another way or something?

Thanks

·
Banned
349 Posts
You need to use a usb flash drive. Iphone wont work.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Yep what he said. Just went through this EXACT same thing the other day for the first time. And when you do use a flash drive you need to wait a few seconds because at first it still doesn't recognize the drive, it takes a few seconds before the icon "lights up".

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ok guys thanks. So i can't directly download to my HD from my iPhone. Have to use a flash drive.

How do I get it from my iPad and iPhone to the USB flash drive? And what's NTSF?

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
...How do I get it from my iPad and iPhone to the USB flash drive? And what's NTSF?
On your PC, hit the start button>computer>music>iTunes>iTunes media>Music>(artist name: ex. Katy Perry)>(album name: ex. California Girls), then, you should be at the list of songs from the album. I select, then drag the songs to the usb flash drive. I always put them in a folder on the drive, then, with the flash drive in the usb port on the radio, choose the folder, (they call it a playlist) in the radio.

The song titles carry the file type of .m4a, not mp3. I don't know why, but they work for me anyway.

If this works for you, I suggest leaving a copy of the folder on your pc hard drive. Then, when you want to add songs to your mygig, you just drag them into the folder, copy it to the flash drive, and then to your mygig.

If you have a Mac, sorry, I don't know where the song files are stored.

·
Registered
999 Posts
M4a files do not show up on the mygig. Its an Itunes antitheft strategy. You can get an m4a to mp3 converter but only install The converter. Some have a miriad of toolbars and crap that they install onto your computer. Or you may be able to simply rename the file extension . Mp3 for it to work.rename it once it is on your flash drive so your original Itunes file is left intact. Itunes bah. Omg someone might pirate a song if we make it mp3 LMAO

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
The M4a files work perfectly on the mygig without converting anything. I just drag them onto the flash drive, and the upload the folder (playlist) to the mygig. At least for me anyway......

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys the USB flash drive worked.

Just need to figure out how to get pic files to my PC from my iPad/iPhone as I don't use the PC anymore to surf the internet because of all the garbage cookies, tag along I get that slow everything down.... iPad is nicer to browse with.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts