Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my 2011 in Mar of this year and only recently had a chance to look and finally drive it. Every thing works in the car except for the nav. Took it back to the dealer to get it diagnosed only to tell me some thing i already knew. They said that it would have to be replaced. I asked them being it was a new car if i was going to get a new nav system, and they said i should be able to get new one. Parts made the phone call to order the nav/radio system only to tell me that i would be getting a refurbised system. To say the least i told them what i thought about putting a used nav system in a new car with only 25kms on it. I didnt let them order it yet as i am not done with this yet. I am going to call customer serv on monday, but i am sure i know where thats going. Any ideas on getting a new nav as this is my 5th challenger i have bought. later.:(

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I bought a Dodge Dakota brand new in 1992. Wasn't happy with the truck, but that's another story. Anyhow, I had a problem with the am/fm-cassette overheating and destroying my tapes. The truck was about 2 months old and had less than 1,000 miles on it. I brought it in to service and they told me it was going to be replaced. I did what you did and asked them if it would be a brand new unit. The service manager checked and was told it would be a refurb. I politely told them no-way would I accept a refurb unit in a brand new truck and that I wanted a brand new unit. Service manager told me his hands were tied and that I should call Dodge....and that's what I did. I can't tell you how many calls I made to Dodge and how many different people I talked to. Spent a lot of time doing it. But, I finally did get a brand new unit. Name of the game is....the squeaky wheel gets the grease. No way should you accept a refurb unit in a brand new car. Dodge has some pretty crappy policies if you ask me. If they want return customers...they should not treat people like this. Some people will look at this differently and say that a refurb unit is as good as new....but IMO no way it is. My thinking about the am-fm cassette was that (with my luck) if I accepted a refurb, the refurb that I would get from Dodge would of had a problem with something with maybe the radio or amp section. So that would be fixed and I would get a refurb that worked for awhile but had a cassette head that wasn't replaced and would be worn when I receive it. Hey...they're not going to replace everything inside a unit. Stick to your guns!!!

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts
I understand your position but my personal experience has been better with "refurbished" electronics than "new".

I would very carefully look over the unit for signs of cosmetic wear or damage before I let them install it though.

·
Registered
287 Posts
patchs, my car was delivered with a DOA nav system as well. I got the same story - I very stubbornly refused to even accept the wait time for another unit. after considerable discussion, some of it heated, they took a unit out of a new car, and put it in mine. don't rule that out as a possibility...

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
patchs, my car was delivered with a DOA nav system as well. I got the same story - I very stubbornly refused to even accept the wait time for another unit. after considerable discussion, some of it heated, they took a unit out of a new car, and put it in mine. don't rule that out as a possibility...
:thumbsup: good idea...

·
Registered
100 Posts
I understand your position but my personal experience has been better with "refurbished" electronics than "new".
Me too, I actually prefer refurbished because it seems more that time is spent on testing than the with the new units....used units have had time to "burn in".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts