Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You have to pay the price, but the NAV update needs you to have the latest over the air software update too. I placed my order. We'll see how it goes. :nerd:

Chrysler Group | HERE

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,324 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 Challenger SXT+
201 Posts
about damn time we get a map update...

now I have to wait for the OTA update beforehand.. bummer.. Any way to get that moving faster?

·
Registered
78 Posts
about damn time we get a map update...

now I have to wait for the OTA update beforehand.. bummer.. Any way to get that moving faster?
What version are we supposed to have? I've never seen any option for an update since I applied the downloaded software in April '16.

·
Premium Member
2015 Challenger SXT+
201 Posts
What version are we supposed to have? I've never seen any option for an update since I applied the downloaded software in April '16.
From limited readings on this forum. That's the latest update we have.. from there we should get an OTA update...typically people get an email beforehand letting them know so they are prepared for it.

I want my update now please & ty Mopar.

·
Premium Member
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There was an update to download in June or July of this year.

My latest over the air update I did last week gave me software version 17.11.07

I ordered the new NAV updates. I should have them tomorrow, maybe. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Premium Member
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered the new NAV updates. I should have them tomorrow, maybe. I'll let you know how it goes.
This Sooo me. :surprise:

The USB drive got here for the NAV updates. I ordered the updates for the wrong head unit. Your choices are RA3 or RA4. Please don't make the same mistake I made.

What I learned from reading the manual is this NAV update may take up to an hour to download assuming your Uconnect is updated to version 17.11.07

·
Premium Member
2015 Challenger SXT+
201 Posts
This Sooo me. :surprise:

The USB drive got here for the NAV updates. I ordered the updates for the wrong head unit. Your choices are RA3 or RA4. Please don't make the same mistake I made.

What I learned from reading the manual is this NAV update may take up to an hour to download assuming your Uconnect is updated to version 17.11.07
WTF!?

The couldn't include the download on the usb? Or is that the map file is so big or the transfer rate from the USB is slow?

Ugh... balls... My compliant is they should have went with 4g LTE instead of sticking only with 3G in these units.

·
Premium Member
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WTF!?

The couldn't include the download on the usb? Or is that the map file is so big or the transfer rate from the USB is slow?

Ugh... balls... My compliant is they should have went with 4g LTE instead of sticking only with 3G in these units.
The download IS on the USB. Only you have to go through the ropes first. :yikes:

You have to get online and marry your VIN to the USB product number. Then you get a request code that allows you to active everything. They don't want you passing the USB drive off to someone else so they can update their NAV for free.

·
Premium Member
2015 Challenger SXT+
201 Posts
$150 + $30 shipping for a USB stick? wow I would hope that is overnight shipping.
$150 is the labor rate they charge you for doing the work yourself. $30 is for the shipping, USB, and software update >:)

·
Premium Member
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL. Yeah, I paid $9.18 in shipping costs. They must have insured that USB for $1000 or something.

It comes in a plastic box like a DVD does. So I guess that adds enough weight to allow them to charge us through the nose. :frown:

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
627 Posts
Got email a for the update...with Free Ground Shipping if ordered by December 31st...

·
Premium Member
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I installed my NAV updates today...

Since my software was updated to version 17.11.07, the manual said the upload from the thumb drive would take 45 minutes.

After 45 minutes, I took the car on a drive because the maps weren't anywhere close to being finished uploading, and it pained me to hear the radiator fan kicking on while I was idling. Now...It said not to drive the car while maps are updated, but this is only because the blind spot detection is disabled. So I went Old School, and actually turned my head before I made lane changes. :grin2:

Seriously, this NAV update takes 90 Minutes. At least mine did. So I'm giving you a heads up.

·
Registered
32 Posts
MEKrunner,

If you have a chance could you look and see if the NAV update includes exit 333 on I-95 northbound in duval county Florida?
they are putting in a lot of new roads here, and if they are not on the update , maybe I will wait until the next one.
thanks

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
627 Posts
MEKrunner,

If you have a chance could you look and see if the NAV update includes exit 333 on I-95 northbound in duval county Florida?
they are putting in a lot of new roads here, and if they are not on the update , maybe I will wait until the next one.
thanks
Who goes to Florida?..........:laugh2:

·
Premium Member
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
MEKrunner,

thanks
I'm sorry, but I just tried and need a specific address or city. It won't let me put in Duval county.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
5,830 Posts
So what if I want the Nav update but still have the old system firmware? I have to wait for the OTA update? Well, hell when is that going to happen? They should include the latest system update with the Nav update. Wow, they really thought this one through. As for the RA3 vs RA4, couldn't they have confirmed from the VIN, which is needed to place the order?!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts