Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, im a Navigation virgin..............first time ever having this on a car, so bear with me guys.

Today, i was putting in a address...........no matter what i do, only the first 3 #"s of the address shows up...........if i put it in search, then i can get the address in.

So when the screen says city, i put that in , then it says address, well it wont take it..........im already loving this system lol.

So im trying to put my address in the home section..........ahhhhhhhhhh, how is that done, because thats not happening on mine.

Not bad mouthing this deal, but on my wifes F-150 the numbers and letters are all on one screen, she has no problem with her truck..............she messed with my car today, gave up......think her reply was another Dodge POS. lol................she"s a ford lover, what more can you say.

So any tips on what im doing wrong, nothing in the owners manual to help me out.

Rich

·
Registered
2020 AWD GoMango SXT Blacktop
42 Posts
Have you tried hard-resetting the unit? That resolves many issues with most electronics. is your uConnect software up to date?

·
Registered
351 Posts
I have had that issue a few times when the GPS won't recognize the house number. Usually, it is do to the fact that the post office address is in a nearby city or the address you are trying to enter is in an unincorporated area.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you tried hard-resetting the unit? That resolves many issues with most electronics. is your uConnect software up to date?
Boy, have no idea, its a new 2020, will look into that hard reset deal...........if i can find it. lol

My wife said hey, have another 5 beers you will figure it out...........so i did.

So it seems to get it to work, i have to put in the street name, then it lets me put in the address, then comes up street name and address then i hit ok..........Man my social security check comes in faster than that. lol

On my wifes ford, you just put in the address and alls good...............so are you guys doing this different........if so, let me know.

Right now im thinking this is my 1st & last navigation system.

Rich

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,849 Posts
Yes, city, street name, then number. It won't come up if the number is then wrong. I don't use it much, but like to be able to see estimated time of arrival. It does still alert to traffic issues (5 year free SXM traffic). The thing I don't like is it doesn't say the address when you arrive. Just that you have arrived at your destination. Not a huge deal assuming you know, or have the street address

A Guy

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, city, street name, then number. It won't come up if the number is then wrong. I don't use it much, but like to be able to see estimated time of arrival. It does still alert to traffic issues (5 year free SXM traffic). The thing I don't like is it doesn't say the address when you arrive. Just that you have arrived at your destination. Not a huge deal assuming you know, or have the street address

A Guy
Thanks for the reply..........this is where i get confused, if i put in the city, it stops there, i cant do anything more............i have to put in the street name, then it will let me put in the address...........im gonna check this again tomorrow, lol..........im sure im screwing this up with you guys............i really apprciate the help, just bear with me, im old & slow. lol

Rich

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
877 Posts
Have you tried searching for the address with the Voice Recognition function?

Here's how it works on my 2015

Push the Voice Recognition button on the steering wheel. It's between the two phone buttons on the left side of the wheel.

Say: Find an address

The system will then prompt you on what to say.

If the system has a couple of street names or cities that are similar, it should give you a chance to pick which one is correct.

Give it a shot. Might overcome any manual data entry glitches.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Before save, does it give a “Go to box? There something goofy about mine too. Can’t find “recently found” either.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Wiz, did try that also, worked ok for some address, but not for others, im sure im screwing something up here...........just hard to believe on my wifes ford, you put in the address and it goes there the first time....no issues

LOL, another stupid question for you guys i havent been able to figure out, say you throw in any address, get it set up................go to a gas station , fill up and i thought you could bring up what you just put in...........doesnt seem to work that way on mine, but like i said, im sure im doing something wrong. Hopefully i can find someone with a challenger that knows what there doing and get this straight............maybe i will stand with the Walmart boys with a sigh, i dont need the money, just need some navigation help. lol

Rich

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,849 Posts

I have a 2016 and it's different, but I chose city, next screen choose street name, next screen choose street address, then go

On mine when I restart car at gas station for instance, I go to Where do you want to go> Recents> And list of last entered addresses is there

A Guy

·
Registered
2020 AWD GoMango SXT Blacktop
42 Posts
Another alternative is to pair your phone and use your phone's NAV as it can pull from Maps or Waze.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Another alternative is to pair your phone and use your phone's NAV as it can pull from Maps or Waze.
Had to smile on that one, heard that from many of my friends.............my motto is im going to my grave before i ever get one of those smart ass phones. lol

I messed around with it some last nite, finally getting the hang of it.

Thanks for helping the old boy out.

Rich

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,714 Posts
Then assuming you have the data to spare, use Google Maps in Satellite view. And it really give you the "they are tracking me" creepy vibe as you weave through the forests on back roads.

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Thanks for the reply..........this is where i get confused, if i put in the city, it stops there, i cant do anything more............i have to put in the street name, then it will let me put in the address...........im gonna check this again tomorrow, lol..........im sure im screwing this up with you guys............i really apprciate the help, just bear with me, im old & slow. lol

Rich
Ohhh, call on me mister Kotter! That's a reference from the show Welcome back Kotter from the 70's.

The first thing the NAV needs to know is what State you are in. It's funny that it always wants to know the city, but if the State isn't right, that might be your problem.

Reactions: 1973Cuda

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes, im a Navigation virgin..............first time ever having this on a car, so bear with me guys.

Today, i was putting in a address...........no matter what i do, only the first 3 #"s of the address shows up...........if i put it in search, then i can get the address in.

So when the screen says city, i put that in , then it says address, well it wont take it..........im already loving this system lol.

So im trying to put my address in the home section..........ahhhhhhhhhh, how is that done, because thats not happening on mine.

Not bad mouthing this deal, but on my wifes F-150 the numbers and letters are all on one screen, she has no problem with her truck..............she messed with my car today, gave up......think her reply was another Dodge POS. lol................she"s a ford lover, what more can you say.

So any tips on what im doing wrong, nothing in the owners manual to help me out.

Rich
Hey RICHES 66, I'm also old and dumb as you stated you are. Fortunately for me my wife is a computer geek and does all our navigating as we cruise the country. When we travel not only is the Nav. system on but our Garmin is also running along with her smart phone. My smart phone is also on just to take calls. The Nav. system's are so much better now than when they first came out. My personal favorite was when the system said " turn right at the rode " and we ended up in a corn field. Good luck figuring out your Nav. system. If I ever have to travel without my wife I have to bring a map along. R/T Scat Pack.

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
The Nav. system's are so much better now than when they first came out. My personal favorite was when the system said " turn right at the rode " and we ended up in a corn field. Good luck figuring out your Nav. system. If I ever have to travel without my wife I have to bring a map along. R/T Scat Pack.
This brings back memories. In 2010 I took a Garmin with me to use in my rental car out in Arizona. Somewhere around Phoenix, it told me to go straight at the fork in the road. Yes, they have gotten better over the years. So much so, that I wonder how many people could read a map if they had to???

1 - 18 of 18 Posts