Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received a an update for my Navigation in the mail for my '16 SP. They sent a stick to insert into the USB port. Tried to do it and the job failed. I tried calling Customer Service. They were trying to get me an appt to bring it in but it was getting too complicated (dealer too far from my house, dealer in the wrong direction from my job etc) and I'm not really using the car right now anyway so I said I'll deal with it later. Took the car out this weekend and the Nav is really effed up after the failed update. 1st its showing the car in a different state and then GPS couldn't locate the car. Anybody else deal with this?

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Received a an update for my Navigation in the mail for my '16 SP. They sent a stick to insert into the USB port. Tried to do it and the job failed. I tried calling Customer Service. They were trying to get me an appt to bring it in but it was getting too complicated (dealer too far from my house, dealer in the wrong direction from my job etc) and I'm not really using the car right now anyway so I said I'll deal with it later. Took the car out this weekend and the Nav is really effed up after the failed update. 1st its showing the car in a different state and then GPS couldn't locate the car. Anybody else deal with this?
We know dealer visits are not ideal, droptopron, however, they will be in the best position to assist you with this. If you'd like help locating one near you, send us a private message.

Kate
DodgeCares

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,550 Posts
When you say job failed...specifically? An error? Seemed to be doing nothing (people have reported it taking as long as an hour and a half!)?

Did you get the message asking if you wanted to update, or didn't even get that far? You had the code? You were able to input it?

A Guy

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It just sat there doing nothing, and then when I pulled the stick out it gave me an error message

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,733 Posts
I wonder if it WAS actually doing something, and you pulled it out prematurely (that sounds dirty)? I've received updates over the airwaves where I was tempted to give up because it LOOKED like nothing was happening, but it ended up completing the update.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The instructions said I would get a few messages when it was in progress but nothing. I spoke to Customer Svc previously and they said I'd have to bring it in but at the time I had too much stuff going on

I wonder if it WAS actually doing something, and you pulled it out prematurely (that sounds dirty)? I've received updates over the airwaves where I was tempted to give up because it LOOKED like nothing was happening, but it ended up completing the update.

·
Premium Member
2,257 Posts
Look, I've updated my NAV in my 2016 twice now with the USB stick. It takes far longer than they say it would. I would sit there with the car running while it did the updates. I swear, last time it was stuck on 79% for 15 minutes. Just be patient with it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
By chance - have you been getting a
periodic ‘vehicle phone requires service’ message on your Uconnect?

If you have that separate issue, the update won’t complete.

The wireless card failure is so common, navrepair.com has it as a selectable option for repair on the Uconnect.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't been getting that

By chance - have you been getting a
periodic ‘vehicle phone requires service’ message on your Uconnect?

If you have that separate issue, the update won’t complete.

The wireless card failure is so common, navrepair.com has it as a selectable option for repair on the Uconnect.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Made some calls today and got this resolved (hopefully). Got an appt & a local dealer to bring it in. I bought my car out of state so the dealers close to me were in no rush to bend over backwards for me since I wasn't their customer. Appt is towards the end of April. That's OK since its a weekend car not being used very much right now. I called Dodge Customer Care. After some back & forth whether this is a recall or a software update (still not 100% sure) they spoke to the dealer and added a note to my file that the USB update failed to run & this is no charge. Dodge Customer Service was good to work with.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Made some calls today and got this resolved (hopefully). Got an appt & a local dealer to bring it in. I bought my car out of state so the dealers close to me were in no rush to bend over backwards for me since I wasn't their customer. Appt is towards the end of April. That's OK since its a weekend car not being used very much right now. I called Dodge Customer Care. After some back & forth whether this is a recall or a software update (still not 100% sure) they spoke to the dealer and added a note to my file that the USB update failed to run & this is no charge. Dodge Customer Service was good to work with.
Glad to hear you were able to get an appointment, droptopron. Please update us on how it goes.

Kate
DodgeCares

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,550 Posts
If you are going to use them for service, you ARE their customer. Whether you bought the car from them or not

A Guy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts