Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just recently my car navigation would stop working randomly, after a few hours of driving around/running errands. The map would disappear and a message would display. Something along the lines of "No navigation system installed." It later starts working again randomly. This happens a few times a week...

Also, not sure if this is related to problem. But the NAV light flickers every now and then as well...

Is there an easy fix for the NAV button?

Looking into buying an aftermarket Pioneer deck with backup cam

·
Premium Member
2012 Charger Pursuit
5,510 Posts
are all the updates done?
I’d be shocked if there is even a user-friendly way to update a uConnect unit from 2009. I’m guessing the dealership could install updates, but dollars’ll get you donuts it’s too cost prohibitive for the average owner to go that route.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I agree Nuke...probably several gens of updates out by this time, but Im guessing thats 99% of the op's issue. The right dealer "might" be able to do it, I certainly wouldnt want to try it diy.

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
If this NAV was never been updated, I can see why there might be a problem. Back when I had a 2013 and updated the NAV, there was another disc to update the software or firmware. or whatever ware it was. :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts