Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When using the GPS while traveling, I like using the turn by turn option. It makes easy to glance at the screen and see which lane I need to be in , and how far up the road. But there times that I loose the turn by turn option. The GPS is still working, but no turn by turn. Any info would be appricated. HELP

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
Mine only does that when Serius traffic is undateing the route. If that's your case you should be able to shut it off. You pay extra for it and the system works without it.

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
I just looked and you can turn off real time traffic. you might see if that's what's messing with you.

Switching SIRIUS Realtime Traffic On or Off

1. Press the MENU hard-key on the right side of the radio.

2. Touch the SIRIUS Traffic soft-key.

3. Touch Setup to access the SIRIUS Traffic Setup menu

·
Registered
284 Posts
1Bad383, if you are talking about the turn by turn feature that appears in the EVIC, you will only see promts to turn at about 1 mile or less in advance of the turn. If your next turn is more than 1 mile away, the EVIC will revert back to whatever display you had it on until the next turn is about a mile away, then the prompt will appear. At least that is how is works on my 2011 with the 430N Garmin nav unit. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
That might be something he might want to clarify because I thought he was talking the thing under menu when your navigating that says turn by turn and will show you your next turn like 50 miles US30 and show an arrow on what way your going to turn and it shows all the turns on your trip.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That might be something he might want to clarify because I thought he was talking the thing under menu when your navigating that says turn by turn and will show you your next turn like 50 miles US30 and show an arrow on what way your going to turn and it shows all the turns on your trip.
You understand what I'm talking about. Sometimes that screen goes away, and just shows the highway map. Does anybody have this problem?

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
nope not me!

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
You understand what I'm talking about. Sometimes that screen goes away, and just shows the highway map. Does anybody have this problem?
Like I said mine does but only for a few seconds when real time traffic is updateing. I'ld be curious if it still happens when real time is turned off.

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
I do not know if your system is the same as on our '09, but I use the nav button as a toggle between the tbt and the map.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The turn by turn is under options when using the navigation system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts