Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2015 Scat PAck in the Navigation , maps the traffic flow would show in red/yellow/green for heavy/moderate/light traffic.
I did something and those colors went away. I forget what I did to get it back? reset maybe,,,but I did get them back.
There were either not showing or became orange/yell/blue...nothing that made sense.
On the 2016 Hellcat, it came this way...orange/yell/blue, or those are just random colors and traffic is not showing at all.
I was told this a Sirius Traffic subscription feature, this is not so, I've never had this on the Scat, and it did work red/yellow/green.
On the HellCat, it does have full blown Sirius everything, and is this useless orange/yell/blue.

I tried resetting, and it didn't work. Does anyone know how to get the traffic flows to show as red/yellow/green for heavy/moderate/light?
Nav version UCONNECT 8.4AN RA4 17.43.01 MY16 NAFTA

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
647 Posts
The Sirius Traffic on my '15 Challenger SRT (bought used) and my '17 Durango R/T (bought new) is a five-year free trial. The Sirius-XM radio portion is a one-year trial.

So .... you do have Sirius Traffic on your '15 and '16.

Good Luck finding anyone at SiriusXM that knows anything at all about their traffic product much less how to change colors .... but calling SiriusXM might be your best shot.

Reactions: aldo90731

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Sirius XM Traffic used to be a 1-year trial on my 2009 Wrangler Unlimited; it went up to a 5-year trial on my 2016 Challenger. Possibly because Sirius gets too few willing subscribers and wants to sweeten the deal.

Is it possible that it may been a 3-year trial on 2015 models? That could explain why it disappeared from your screen.

I never found Sirius XM worth the money, nor their horrid service worth the hassle, so I won't be likely to subscribe the day it goes away.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HA...I worked at a company that had a support contract for sirius...Lots of times, they just forget or have no way of turning someone off, and don't care.

Anyway, I don't think this has anything at all to do with Sirius, someone just said that. I thing they are wrong, my scat did NOT have sirus and did have red/yellow/green for traffic flow.

This some sort of Navigation setting, Theme setting or something unrelated to sirus I really should not have mentioned sirius I don't want to go off on a tangent.

·
Premium Member
9,674 Posts
HA...I worked at a company that had a support contract for sirius...Lots of times, they just forget or have no way of turning someone off, and don't care.

Anyway, I don't think this has anything at all to do with Sirius, someone just said that. I thing they are wrong, my scat did NOT have sirus and did have red/yellow/green for traffic flow.

This some sort of Navigation setting, Theme setting or something unrelated to sirus I really should not have mentioned sirius I don't want to go off on a tangent.
It IS a Sirius feature, mine was there for the first year then gone when the trial was over.

·
Premium Member
9,674 Posts
Sirius XM Traffic used to be a 1-year trial on my 2009 Wrangler Unlimited; it went up to a 5-year trial on my 2016 Challenger. Possibly because Sirius gets too few willing subscribers and wants to sweeten the deal.

Is it possible that it may been a 3-year trial on 2015 models? That could explain why it disappeared from your screen.

I never found Sirius XM worth the money, nor their horrid service worth the hassle, so I won't be likely to subscribe the day it goes away.
i received a renewal of $60 for one year this year.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It IS a Sirius feature, mine was there for the first year then gone when the trial was over.
odd, my Scat did NOT have sirius. but did have this feature.
That doesn‘t matter - so ok its a Sirius feature, fine, this car one im in now, DOES Have full blown Sirius, so I should have it.
but? I do not. where so I set it?

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am not meaning to be rude, but im only interested in the red/yellow/green traffic flow feature. not Sirius subscriptions , when they expire or whether they suck or not.
again not trying to be rude, I get a email theres a reply to this thread , have to pull over and jack with this on a phone, hoping ’its an answer ... but not. yes I know they suck!!

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
i received a renewal of $60 for one year this year.
Indeed. That’s how they hope to get you back. The catch is, you have to agree to renew automatically after the year is over, at which point, it renews at full price, which is often higher by many multiples.

But, in my experience, the worst part is calling them to get them to cancel and refund my account.

I seem more able to communicate with a bunch of drunken monkeys than with Sirius XM’s “customer service”.

·
Premium Member
9,674 Posts
odd, my Scat did NOT have sirius. but did have this feature.
That doesn‘t matter - so ok its a Sirius feature, fine, this car one im in now, DOES Have full blown Sirius, so I should have it.
but? I do not. where so I set it?
No it doesn’t matter, but if thought about something has to supply the constant data and in our case it would be Sirius. I’m my truck the garmin is connected by Bluetooth to my phone to keep it updated with that info.

·
Premium Member
9,674 Posts
I am not meaning to be rude, but im only interested in the red/yellow/green traffic flow feature. not Sirius subscriptions , when they expire or whether they suck or not.
again not trying to be rude, I get a email theres a reply to this thread , have to pull over and jack with this on a phone, hoping ’its an answer ... but not. yes I know they suck!!
Straight from momma Chrysler’s mouth, you have to buy a full Sirius package which is far more money that anyone would ever consider.

Reactions: aldo90731

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No it doesn’t matter, but if thought about something has to supply the constant data and in our case it would be Sirius. I’m my truck the garmin is connected by Bluetooth to my phone to keep it updated with that info.
correct it needs data, and my Scat not even having Sirius at all, did it. looking at the Sirius traffic, it only displays a small map. the navigation, displays the big map. I do have, traffic and flow in navigation checked. it IS, showing traffic and flow... just not as red/yellow/green. I am not picky, but the colors used are HARD to see.

in my Scat, I was playing around, setting the theme etc... and I lost the red yellow green. it went to this same bad color scheme. same as now, I could not get it back.
I finally did something ... reset I think, and pow, it was back

·
Registered
49 Posts
When there's at least half a dozen apps that are more accurate, more frequently updated, work better, and most importantly free I don't understand who would pay for that Sirius nonsense.

·
Premium Member
9,674 Posts
When there's at least half a dozen apps that are more accurate, more frequently updated, work better, and most importantly free I don't understand who would pay for that Sirius nonsense.
I tried mine just once and what I find annoying as anything is as you input the address it reduces the available letters as it’s anticipating the street or town name. I prefer my garmin or my phone for GPS. Chrysler wants $149 for map updates but I bought my Garmin for that price with free lifetime updates and traffic. So Chrysler is so smart they got none of the $149 I paid garmin. Now if they offered $49, I may have a lapse of good judgement and pay for it. The radio cost me $2000, wasn’t that enough for lifetime included?
All vehicle manufacturers have their faults but Chrysler has their own special version of stupid.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I tried mine just once and what I find annoying as anything is as you input the address it reduces the available letters as it’s anticipating the street or town name. I prefer my garmin or my phone for GPS. Chrysler wants $149 for map updates but I bought my Garmin for that price with free lifetime updates and traffic. So Chrysler is so smart they got none of the $149 I paid garmin. Now if they offered $49, I may have a lapse of good judgement and pay for it. The radio cost me $2000, wasn’t that enough for lifetime included?
All vehicle manufacturers have their faults but Chrysler has their own special version of stupid.
If these car manufacturers cared about customer usability and satisfaction of experience they would have gone over to Android by now. Install any apps you want, streamlined and easy updates (because it sure as hell appears as though whoever FCA is paying to program their units sucks at their job), infinite customization, etc etc.

The only explanation of why they don't and continue with this weird, laggy, buggy closed system named Uconnect with incompetent update after incompetent update that breaks something new is that they're getting contractor kickbacks from these companies because people like Sirius get to dangle their products in front of every Challenger owner's face, without option to opt-out, meaning a huge potential customer base. Someone's bound to buy a key to that lockbox chained inside your car from the factory after all.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
again I am not interested in how bad they are WE KNOW THIS. I posted to get the red/green/yellow back. are there other free apps that run ON, the cars screen? if so ’Im interested:.. if not, this does not solve my issue

·
Premium Member
9,674 Posts
I’m not challenging what you’re say, I’m just wondering where your radio is getting data and current traffic updates from? I don’t think you turned anything off and know for a fact that mine can’t go back on without a third party helping it happen. Even when they offer a two week free turn back on event it still doesn’t work again. Maybe reach out to the Dodge Cares rep here for some help or Luke from Steve White Motors.
It may be a coincidence that it shut down about when you were pressing buttons.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
647 Posts
again I am not interested in how bad they are WE KNOW THIS. I posted to get the red/green/yellow back. are there other free apps that run ON, the cars screen? if so ’Im interested:.. if not, this does not solve my issue
I know you just want the answer .... but people really are trying to help you.

A Google search came up with this:

From a Dodge Ram Forum .....
in my 2016 you can go into settings...then display....and then select themes....there are 5 i believe and they offer some small changes....the biggest change for me is the routing color. The fiat theme offers the greatest difference between the routing color and traffic colors.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think I said too much info, without detail originality. ok
for one, on both cars it ALWAYS, showed traffic flow. its “how” it displays is the issue.

few years back I had a Scat pack, 2015, NO Sirius, from the beginning it displayed traffic flow, red/yellow/green. after two years, I changed the colors and/or theme, the red/yellow/green changed to the aweful hard to see colors (see pics attached). like now I had issue getting red/yel/green to return. I eventually reset all, or changed theme again, and red green yellow returns.
it always showed traffic flow, it never had Sirius the odd colored traffic flow only lasted 3 weeks till i reset or whatever it was I did.
THE above was on my 2015 Scat.

NOW, i have a 2016 Hellcat , it DOES, have full Sirius , it DOES, show traffic flow but in that same bad color scheme as the Scat did, during that 3 week period. only had the 16 Hellcat for 5 weeks and from day one the traffic has displayed in the poor colors.
so, I DO HAVE Sirius I DO have traffic flow, but in poor colors, I know it is capable
of red yellow green... my question is, how to get it to red yellow green

·
Premium Member
9,674 Posts
I found this online, it’s an owners manual, http://www.fcaworkvehiclesus.com/dodge/download/pdf/uconnect/2014-Uconnect-730N-Navigation-1st.pdf.
I know it’s not your radio but says that there is setting to turn traffic flow off and on and in one setting the lines are intentionally transparent when flowing, I’m imagining that when turned off your lines will become more vivid and I think that’s what you’re looking for, sharper colored lines, correct? Does it currently appear like an overlay?
If anything you’re new car has more options to alter the screen than previous years.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts