Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a navigation system for my 2009 from a guy out California and installed it in my car. Now I have a problem with it thinking it is in California. I have changed the settings and it still show California. Does anyone know how to fix problem?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I had the same issue with my 430N, but I deleted the "home" location and added a new one for my current "home" and that fixed the issue.

·
Registered
245 Posts
If you did not have a GPS attenna then you will need to install one. It mounts right behind the unit, then go out for a little drive so it can detect the satellites for your location...hope this helps..:eusa_dance:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It didn't work. I didn't have navigation before so I am not sure if I got it with the nav. Do anyone know what it might look like? Can I just order one from the dealer?

·
Registered
161 Posts
It didn't work. I didn't have navigation before so I am not sure if I got it with the nav. Do anyone know what it might look like? Can I just order one from the dealer?
If the guy you got it from didn't give you an antenna and you didn't have nav before, you will need to get the GPS antenna.

"Luke" from Steve White part can hook you up, they are not expensive (NAV antenna #05064186AA, he has them on sale for $40.83 right now).

I routed mine through the center speaker hole where I mounted it, then fished the plug to the back of the radio, pretty easy, just need to remove the top part of the dash. You can see how I took the panel of here:

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f202/my-speaker-amp-upgrade-88845/

I also have read other post where guys just tucked it under the dash and it worked, I recommend mounting it in the center speaker location if you don't have an existing speaker there.

When you are done, take the car for a spin so it can locate it's self, then just reset your home address and you should be done. Hope this helps you,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts