Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went away for a few months for work. Just got back. Was going to go reconnect my battery that I disconnected, and dumb dumb realized I can’t open the trunk now. How do I get the trunk open with no power?

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
If you can get into the car, the backeats fold down. There is an yellow tab that will open the trunk.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
534 Posts
For a totally dead battery, no power, use the emergency key in the FOB to get in the passenger compartment, fold down the rear seat, crawl into the trunk, pull the trunk release.

Reactions: btcaub

·
Registered
2019 SXT Blacktop
132 Posts
Jumping from the front wouldn't work because the electric circuit wouldn't be complete, you have to go through the trunk

·
Registered
2019 SXT Blacktop
132 Posts
Yes it will work. Hook up a battery charger under the hood and trunk will open.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
My bad, now that i think about it, i guess I should do more research

·
Registered
16,210 Posts
My bad, now that i think about it, i guess I should do more research
No prob bud, they normally think of everything we can do wrong and how to get us out of it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,309 Posts
You can pop the hood jump the post under the hood to pop trunk, or if your in the car, pull front seat all way up and pull down the back seats back rest in the trunk is an yellow emergency handle to unlock the trunk...

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
604 Posts
Just remember the calculation for dynamite is P = plenty!

·
Registered
193 Posts
My only worry about hooking up to the jump posts - are both battery terminals disconnected - and is the positive touching something and is earthed - ie connected to the negative . . .

·
Registered
590 Posts
Some battery chargers won't function if they don't detect any voltage. You might have to use another battery to jump it.
Do you remember if only the negative was removed?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts