Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Someone bumped my front bumper and cracked it a little so I would like to replace it. I've herd the OEM ones are about $600 primed but partsgeek.com has them marked for about $82 plus shipping by a company called Action Crash Parts. Saw a few in the $200-300 price range also on other sites. Anyone out there tried any of these. If I have to drop 600 for one then paint and install it may have to wait a while. Experience or advice welcome please

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Imo id be scared of of the 200-300 dollar ones. Bumpers are not something you want to try and fit and fandangle. By the sounds of it, youre replacing a 2011 and up bumper? I would just get one from the dealer. Dont have to mess with shippin and is genuine mopar so you know it will fit like its supposed to. Just my .02
Def stay away from one tht costs 82...
I replaced my grille with a non mopar part, only part on the whole front end tht wasnt, and it was a PAIN to get aligned

Reactions: ghostrt and salvy59

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 09 actually. I havnt got an exact price from my dealership yet. Just going on some I've seen on the net

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
word of warning, 09 and 10 front bumpers are ridic expensive. like twice as much as the 2011 and up... one of the main reasons i replaced my 2009's front bumper with a later model one. well that and i was never a fan of the goat...
reason i thout you were looking for a 2011 and up is because 600 is about how much they are from the dealer. 2009 bumper is twice that

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Geez I had no idea of the price difference! Just out of curiosity does the 11+ bumper cover fit the 09 10?? As far as clips and mounting points and such? I know they don't have the nose badge. Either way it's gonna be at least a few weeks before I can replace it

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Yea the price dif is ridiculous lol. Yes the 2011 bumper will fit an 09. I did the 2011 nose conversion on my 09. Reused bumper brackets and all the hardware from my 2009 bumper. Fits like a glove. Keep in mind u need a new lower grille as well. Didnt have to buy anything other than the lower grille, 392 chin (even though i COULD have reused my 2009 chin, but i figured i might as well upgrade while i was at it), bumper, and in my case, new upper grille.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What was different about the lower grill?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Its a completely diff shape. 2009 has an upwards U shape. 2011 and up has downward U shape. Alot of guys call the 2009 and 2010 bumpers smileys and 2011 and up frowneys lol

Reactions: ghostrt

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Heres a 2009

Attachments

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Vs a 2011 and up

Attachments

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Can't believe I've never noticed this lol thanks for the insight

·
Registered
9,661 Posts
Dustin, my plan is to replace my '10 with an '11+ if she ever gets here nose broken, just because of the cost.

Myself, I would only use a factory replacement unit. Not a fan at all of aftermarket body parts. Just too many "if's".

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah the more I think about it I feel better about an OEM

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So after looking it looks like the 11+ has a different part # for the fog light lenses. So if I made the switch to the 11+ front end I'd need the bumper cover, lower grill, and new fog lenses. Is that all I would need? Might just put on a 392 chin spoiler while it's off too

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
So after looking it looks like the 11+ has a different part # for the fog light lenses. So if I made the switch to the 11+ front end I'd need the bumper cover, lower grill, and new fog lenses. Is that all I would need? Might just put on a 392 chin spoiler while it's off too
I used same fogs, no problem.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts