Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So first off hello everyone my name is Justin. I just recently purchased a 2018 challenger sxt and I absolutely love it!! I’m a Honda kid so I was impressed with a base models rear wheel hp. Anyway I’ve been doing research on a few performance upgrades because I was looking to make a bit more power. Let me say before anyone even mentions it I’m not interested in supercharging it at the moment I’m well aware of the RIPP kit they sell for it but if I was looking to spend 10k I’d just swap to a v8. So far i ordered a cold air intake, bigger throttle body, throttle body spacer, a cat back from solo exhaust and I was gonna get a diablo pcm for tuning. What I’m looking for is brutal honesty!!! Do I sound stupid? Am I wasting my time? Will anything I mention do anything for me as far as power???? PLEASE HELPPPPP

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,553 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk Justin. You say a little bit more power...you can do that. The cold air intake, bigger throttle body, throttle body spacer, and cat back from solo might give you a horsepower or three, but don't expect much.

Just the unlocked PCM, diablo tuner, and a custom tune would likely net you as much as all the rest added as well. Expect maybe 15-25HP on 93 octane. But again, I suspect you'd get about that with just the tune

People also like the Pedal Commander for the throttle response, although it adds no power

The Solo exhaust and CAI will give you good sound (y) so they are not a waste. I don't think the throttle body and spacer will net you anything though

A Guy

Reactions: Sublime19

·
Registered
2019 AWD SXT +
613 Posts
I recently purchased a SXT as well and love it. Always like to do little things to it to make it my own. Added the AirAid CAI and as mentioned, it won't add any noticeable power but it sounds really nice IMO.

Solo and Pedal Commander will be next on my list. Again, no noticeable power gains but from having the Pedal Commander before it will feel different. It will feel as if you have much more hp, although you don't, so it's an overall inexpensive thing to try.

Oh, and I added hood stripes. Good for at least 5 more hp.

·
Vendor
255 Posts
So first off hello everyone my name is Justin. I just recently purchased a 2018 challenger sxt and I absolutely love it!! I’m a Honda kid so I was impressed with a base models rear wheel hp. Anyway I’ve been doing research on a few performance upgrades because I was looking to make a bit more power. Let me say before anyone even mentions it I’m not interested in supercharging it at the moment I’m well aware of the RIPP kit they sell for it but if I was looking to spend 10k I’d just swap to a v8. So far i ordered a cold air intake, bigger throttle body, throttle body spacer, a cat back from solo exhaust and I was gonna get a diablo pcm for tuning. What I’m looking for is brutal honesty!!! Do I sound stupid? Am I wasting my time? Will anything I mention do anything for me as far as power???? PLEASE HELPPPPP
Hi Justin, welcome!

We have a 2018 Chrysler 300 with the 3.6L that we added the Airaid Cold Air Intake No Tune Required (see here for Challenger CAI options) and the RIPP Coil Packs, definitely saw an improvement with both of those.

Tuning is definitely an option but can get pricey as you will probably have to get your PCM unlocked, plus purchase a tuner and tunes. Estimated cost would be over $1,000.

We decided to install the Pedal Commander on the 300 3.6L and thoroughly test it out. See our other post here: https://www.challengertalk.com/threads/pedal-commander-10-off-sale-whos-running-one.674924

1 - 4 of 4 Posts