Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,365 Posts
Good grief: I've got to chime in here.

I've loaned a number of tools to friends over the years and have only rarely had an issue. I mentioned to one friend that the diamond blade he borrowed was now rather warn and he bought me a new one. I bought 2,000 dollars worth of stuff, loaned it to another friend, and he paid me the 2k in full when we both decided the best route was for him to keep the stuff. I loaned my car to my daughter and when it got damaged, she paid for everything in full... 3 different times in the past 10 years or so. Latest: two days ago my other daughter gave me a brand new aerobed that she just bought because her cat chewed up the one I loaned her. I am happy to loan things to friends and family. And if by chance I get burned in the process, it's still worth it. My secret? I got to raise my kids and I get to choose my friends.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Hopefully karma will find its way to that guy. My chainsaw wouldn't start so I borrowed my neighbor's chainsaw. It was spitting powder instead of chunks so I sharpened it. He didn't hesitate to loan me his truck when I needed it for a large item: borrowed it with about 3/4 tank of gas and when I returned it, it was full. :) That's just my rule: borrow something and you'd better return it in as good or better condition than when you borrowed it.

Mike

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,365 Posts
Hopefully karma will find its way to that guy. My chainsaw wouldn't start so I borrowed my neighbor's chainsaw. It was spitting powder instead of chunks so I sharpened it. He didn't hesitate to loan me his truck when I needed it for a large item: borrowed it with about 3/4 tank of gas and when I returned it, it was full. :) That's just my rule: borrow something and you'd better return it in as good or better condition than when you borrowed it.

Mike
Appreciate what you had to say here. Amazing how life gives back to you what you give out.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts