1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
35500 would be my final. offer

·
Registered
150 Posts
i got my srt8 2010 brand new zero miles a month ago for 34000 loaded with everything including sunroof and soundgroup 2 plus guidepoint for a year- they wanted 39000 i believe-

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Hopefully you didn't tell them you drove an hour and a half. If you did I doubt they will be as flexible in price.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. It's going to be a cash deal. I invested in silver 5 years ago and tripled my money. If you don't have some gold you are insane in this financial environment.

I was reading thru the forum and have some other questions.

Is wheel hop bad in this car? I saw some threads about the Peddler's bushings. Can I use that problem and cost when dealing for it? Would this mod void the warranty?

What else has the factory slacked on that needs to be corrected? I'm really not interested in racing it.

I see tires are 300 each. How many miles is reasonable with them? There also seems to be limited brands for replacement from another thread.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I think they are playing the Plum portion when they posted that price....but if i remember right they have had that car maybe 6 months or more...so maybe start at $34k and look at the $35.5 as your ceiling.
beautiful car though!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a orange 08 all options with 3200mi on it for 35,000. Garge kept adult driver and they are easy miles. PM if you are intersed. I live in Greencastle pa.
Greg K.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
That price is high when compared to other NEW 2010 SRTs that are out there. However, Plum Crazy is a special and rare color, and the dealer knows it. They are probably looking for 38K or so. I personally would not pay more than 36K for that car, especially when new ones can be had for that. It all depends on HOW MUCH the color is worth to you. They are somewhat hard to find. If you really want it, which you obviously do since you drove so far to see it, you will get it anyway. There is nothing wrong with that. Just try for the best price possible and don't be afraid to walk out on them if they are not willing to deal. If they really want it sold, they will call you back.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I don 't know how many plums are left but we paid 40,500 (brand new) for ours back in February. At that time the only SRT8 plums I could find brand new on the east coast were 1 in NJ, 2 in New England, 1 in central VA, 1 in Atlanta and 2 in Nashville. We ended up getting a local dealer to get the VA car.

Do some research to see what is available new. They are discounting '10s pretty heavy. If you can find new ones advertised then you can use that as a bargaining point for used.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
why would you pay $39k for a 2010 USED when you can buy a BRAND NEW 2010 for $36k?

shop around...your getting a horrible deal

PCP is cool and there probably arent any new ones left, but its not worth paying a premium for.

if i had the choice between $39k for a 2010 USED SRT vs $44k for a BRAND NEW 2011 392 id go 392 any day!.....

2010 left overs are selling for $9,000-$12,000 off sticker right now....special colors are still available!..the car your looking at should be $33-34k range MAX right now while the leftovers are out there

good luck!

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
I got a brand new 2010 SRT BB at Christmas time for way less than the dealer is asking for the used PC SRT.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Welcome to my purple world. You paid 4500 less then me for 4500 miles. A buck a mile not bad I'd say.

Just got my copy of Hemmings Muscle Machines in the mail. There is a '70 Plum Crazy Challenger on the cover.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Congrats! As for the tires I got 20k out of my F1's. I just had new tires put on last week and went with the Nitto Invos for under 200 each and I am LOVING the difference. Smoother on the highway and much better traction. I paid $900 out the door at Discount Tire. Much better than what the F1's would have been.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
don't haggle.
ask for their rock bottom best price and if they can't give it to you in 15 minutes or if it's too high be willing to walk.
dealerships want you to deal with them so they can wear you down, drag it out etc. it's part of the process to get you to finally make a mistake, give in, thank them for the honor of them letting you buy their car etc.
And don't tell them Jack. they don't need to know about your down payment, trade, monthly payment range, who you're financing with etc to give you the final price of the car

1 - 17 of 17 Posts