Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need advice from those of you who have already custom ordered your Challenger. My nursing school graduation present to myself is a Challenger. After visiting with my local dealer on Saturday I am having serious doubts as to having them order it for me. I am wanting to order the the Scat Pack Shaker in B5 with a sunroof and an automatic (yeah, yeah, yeah bad left ankle). My question is, should I go to a larger city with a higher volume dealer? Any advice on ordering my dream car is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
You didn't explain the problem with the current dealer?

·
Registered
2,477 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Charlene thank you for letting me know when it will be available, that was a question I asked my local dealer that they did not know or seem to have much interest in finding out. They attempted to build my challenger and when they couldn't they built a r/t and gave me the info like it was the same model. I'm just not having a lot of confidence in them and have never ordered a car before.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Be prepared for a bit of a stress factor if you order, and the wait! Personally I find what I want on someone's lot, I have to see it up close to buy it.

Reactions: DJ Hemi

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
It helps if your sales manager is a car guy and has owned Challengers or SRTs in the past and "just gets it"

I was lucky enough to have a great experience when ordering with my sales manager. I know it's rare though and I'm one of the lucky few to deal with 0 stress and hassle with the process.

Reactions: Mopar4Bama

·
Premium Member
10,421 Posts
It helps if your sales manager is a car guy and has owned Challengers or SRTs in the past and "just gets it"

I was lucky enough to have a great experience when ordering with my sales manager. I know it's rare though and I'm one of the lucky few to deal with 0 stress and hassle with the process.
The average guy at a dealership is NOT a car guy, they are all sales or finance people since a car equals money, to them the vehicle is just a way to transport your money to their pockets.
My friend is a Chevrolet general manager and none of the toys I have, have had or whats in the dealership where he works does anything for him. Fishing is what makes his heart go giddyup.
The mechanics may be car guys but your car isn't anything special to them either, it's just way to get their pay check.
We are the only ones who care about our cars, period.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The average guy at a dealership is NOT a car guy, they are all sales or finance people since a car equals money, to them the vehicle is just a way to transport your money to their pockets.
My friend is a Chevrolet general manager and none of the toys I have, have had or whats in the dealership where he works does anything for him. Fishing is what makes his heart go giddyup.
The mechanics may be car guys but your car isn't anything special to them either, it's just way to get their pay check.
We are the only ones who care about our cars, period.
Well said. True car guys within the business are few and far between. I dated a girl once who worked for Delphi, an engineering firm closely affiliated with GM. We hung out with some of the brightest and most talented young automotive engineering minds around. Not a single one of them gave a rat's ass about the cars. They all thought it was funny how much I loved cars.

·
Premium Member
4,698 Posts
Tread Lightly – Chrysler Affiliate Rewards Program

First, sign up with an affiliate program like this above, and after 30 days, you can buy your car at 1% below invoice, and use any rebates. I am in no way affiliated with Tread Lightly, I just saw this in another posting.

Also, go to the Dodge website, and sign up to have a 2014 and/or 2015 brochure sent to your house. You may find a $500 rebate coupon in your mailbox, soon. Wait a week and call their 1-800 rebate line, they can help you out.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,428 Posts
I need advice from those of you who have already custom ordered your Challenger. My nursing school graduation present to myself is a Challenger. After visiting with my local dealer on Saturday I am having serious doubts as to having them order it for me. I am wanting to order the the Scat Pack Shaker in B5 with a sunroof and an automatic (yeah, yeah, yeah bad left ankle). My question is, should I go to a larger city with a higher volume dealer? Any advice on ordering my dream car is greatly appreciated.
You mentioned to another member in this thread that you'd be willing to go out of state for a good dealer.

I've seen this dealership mentioned many times, by many senior members and others; he specializes in Challengers, and sells at MSRP.

Frederick Scat Pack
Home of the Hellcat - Frederick Scat Pack

There's even a video posted by a member showing this dealer delivering his Yellow Challenger right to his door.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
You mentioned to another member in this thread that you'd be willing to go out of state for a good dealer.

I've seen this dealership mentioned many times, by many senior members and others; he specializes in Challengers, and sells at MSRP.

Frederick Scat Pack

Home of the Hellcat - Frederick Scat Pack

There's even a video posted by a member showing this dealer delivering his Yellow Challenger right to his door.

I ordered my Shaker from him, four hours away, after i found local dealers lacking knowledge of this package. When i picked up my car 6 wks later, everything was as agreed (price etc), even the extras he added for me (stripes, exhaust, body color spoiler,...). Quickest, no-BS transaction with the finance/paperwork guy as well. I'd certainly recommend Bob Frederick (currently at Columbiana Dodge in Ohio).

Oh, he preps/details the car himself as well...all plastic from seats/wheels, and build sheets put in a box in the trunk

Best part of ordering your car the "This car built for (your name)" on the actual window sticker.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
176 Posts
Tread Lightly – Chrysler Affiliate Rewards Program

First, sign up with an affiliate program like this above, and after 30 days, you can buy your car at 1% below invoice, and use any rebates. I am in no way affiliated with Tread Lightly, I just saw this in another posting.

Also, go to the Dodge website, and sign up to have a 2014 and/or 2015 brochure sent to your house. You may find a $500 rebate coupon in your mailbox, soon. Wait a week and call their 1-800 rebate line, they can help you out.
I did this with Tread Lightly and was only a member for a week and ordered a Scat Pack. No problems at all.

Also just do your homework with what you want. What I did was research on the 2015 thread started by resume speed at the top. I wrote down what I wanted and all the prices (invoice) to make sure the dealer wasn't trying to sneak something by on me.

When you know what you want with options its very easy. They give you a print out you can verify with what you wrote down.

For what it's worth I didn't go to a big town to order. I went to one close to home just in case I needed them quicker.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts