Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm unable to purchase a nice set of aftermarket upgrade wheels & tires. Therefore, I've been searching for inexpensive wheels that I can use with the OEM tires.

The SE comes with 17x7", 22mm offset, 5x115mm bolt pattern, alloy wheels.

I found the following set of 17x8", 18mm offset, 5x115mm bolt pattern, alloy wheels:

http://www.visionwheel.com/wheel.cfm?id=656

Will they work with the OEM P215/65R17 BSW all season tires?

Will the 22mm vs 18mm affect anything?

Will they mount to the car without any issues?

I truly appreciate as much input as I can get!

·
Registered
348 Posts
not for me... looks like a wierd star wars design...spokes are too thin for this big car..I see these types of wheels on ricers.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Personally I like the OEMs the RT Classic wheels looks like think it is Cragars. You might be able to get the Cragar in a 17" or American Racing that would fit. Just think the Millanni probably more for the 300c / Magnum maybe Charger. Think they are too new school for the old school design but thats just me probabl cause I am old...

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Personally I like the OEMs the RT Classic wheels looks like think it is Cragars. You might be able to get the Cragar in a 17" or American Racing that would fit. Just think the Millanni probably more for the 300c / Magnum maybe Charger. Think they are too new school for the old school design but thats just me probabl cause I am old...
Yeah, I've been looking at old school wheels from American Racing, Eagle, Cragar, etc. but they're all out of reach. :cursin:

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I would probably leave her as she is, save up for what you want the car gets a good amount of attention if for nothing else than those rear quarter muscle bumps in the design and OEM 17 alloys dont look bad to me, after all that is the way she was built again just my 2cents also the silver is good color and if you have the butt stripe you are already lookin good.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would probably leave her as she is, save up for what you want the car gets a good amount of attention if for nothing else than those rear quarter muscle bumps in the design and OEM 17 alloys dont look bad to me, after all that is the way she was built again just my 2cents also the silver is good color and if you have the butt stripe you are already lookin good.
Thanks. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I came across a set of mint condition 05-07 Magnum/Charger machined wheels. I installed them this morning & I think they give the car a Matchbox hot rod look, which I like a lot, instead of a Urapeein look.

Thanks for all the advice! :bigthumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Yup those wheels look very nice, however I bring this up for thought.
Should your ride have the TPMS's be carefull...You will need rims (mags/wheels) that are not made from steel ONLY Alloys.
Reason is: If your car has a TPMS then metal wheels will interferre with the signals and you will get warnings in the dash...It will drive you nuts every time you start the car, believe me.
If your car does not have a TPMS then you are good to go with whatever you want to install.

Cheers...

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yup those wheels look very nice, however I bring this up for thought.
Should your ride have the TPMS's be carefull...You will need rims (mags/wheels) that are not made from steel ONLY Alloys.
Reason is: If your car has a TPMS then metal wheels will interferre with the signals and you will get warnings in the dash...It will drive you nuts every time you start the car, believe me.
If your car does not have a TPMS then you are good to go with whatever you want to install.

Cheers...
My car does have TPMS (don't all Challengers?) & the wheels are from a Magnum/Charger. This would mean they're made for TPMS, right?

:scratchhead:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
My car does have TPMS (don't all Challengers?) & the wheels are from a Magnum/Charger. This would mean they're made for TPMS, right?

:scratchhead:
I'm really not sure...
However if the Magnum/Charger had a TPMS then you will be good to go.

The reason I posted this was to save anyone from making the same error I made with my 300M.
I purchassed metal rims for winter driving and the resulting warnings drove me nuts.
I ended up getting wheels from a used Intrepid and all was good (they were alloys).
Just be certain the wheels you plan n getting were from a car that had TPMS's in the first place.

Cheers,
Rick...:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts