Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For.....

raised shift point testing!!!

I wont go too far into it, but Johan's relentless pursuit of 'how does this work' has a 2010 Chally 5.7 shifting at 6200 RPM on the dyno as I type this!
We want to get an 09 in here to make sure it works the same way before we announce a release ;)

We have loaner trucks available, looking to get this done tomorrow or Friday if possible.

Anyone local (WPB FL) and interested, let me know!!

·
Registered
637 Posts
I can come by Friday with my 09 R/T

·
Registered
574 Posts
awsome!!

might be a topic for another thread but how much can we safely raise the shift point and are there benefits for a relatively stock RT auto?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
You go Johan. Don't let that TCM beat you. Props to Diablo's relentless pursuit of customer satisfaction. All this at no cost to the customer. Awesome.

·
Registered
637 Posts
im going there tomorrow and i cant wait.

·
Registered
637 Posts
No need I have my girlfriend following me in my truck.

·
Registered
637 Posts
would it be cool if i watched what you guys are going to do im working nights. and have nothing to do in te morning.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No....we dont have any facilities for hanging out, and there are insurance issues with customers being in the dyno bay....sorry :(

·
Registered
637 Posts
That's cool

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hey, is there a way to increase the shift rpm under light throtle? The automatic in drive shifts way to early.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
So our engines are safe to rev to atleast 6000? How are the dyno graphs looking after 5700 rpms now? Would love to raise the shift point, my car shifts just before the end of the 1/4 mile

·
Registered
637 Posts
Got the car back and all I can say is SWEET.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice.

Guys, I'll see if I can get Johan to post up the dyno sheets.
We did a 09 and '10 back to back, and they both loved the new shift points.
The engine definitely peaks around 5800-5900 rpm, but its holding good power out to the new shift points.
I'd bet the new shift points are worth a tenth at the track ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congrats on the possible break-through. look forward to this carrying over to the 09 and up chargers.

rob

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Will this be available for our predators, is so when? please post here Mike.
also is this a higher shift point than Slapstick?

1 - 20 of 110 Posts