Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 RT ...serviced it on the weekend ...29000km (18000miles)...long drive on Sunday for fun ...had it cleaned inside and out Monday at my office and when I went to go home - it was dead.
Boosted it fine and noticed my drivers side window was not going down a bit when opened and therefore not closing properly ! WTF !!
Ok, now it’s Wednesday night and it’s dead again !!
And now there is no sound !!...radio is in but nothing !!
Is this a fuse thing ? ...or a dealer thing ??

Thank you

·
Registered
143 Posts
I would try the window module reset procedure as explained in another post on this forum. Basically, ignition switch on, engine off, lower window all the way and hold the button for 3 seconds at the lowest window position. Light will start blinking, then raise the window all the way and hold the button in the up position for 3 more seconds. Turn ignition switch off, open door and see if the glass lowers. If not, try the procedure again and hopefully the module will reset. As for the radio, I would check the fuse and see if that is okay or blown.

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,026 Posts
I’d start off by properly load testing the battery.

·
Registered
2017 T/A 5.7 A8 front and rear strut braces frame connectors
1,272 Posts
Maybe you have like the trunk - under the hood light staying on or you might just have a bad battery the battery sometimes wether it’s hot out or cold they just go bad auto zone will test it for free and install included in the price

·
Super Moderator
13,874 Posts
Batteries have been known to last only 3-4 years. I agree that you should have the battery load tested. If it checks out, the next step is to see if your charging system is working properly. You could have a bad alternator.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all !
It was a bad battery and dealership had to reprogram the computer...all is working now !
Now bring on the nice weather !
Just too bad we can’t go anywhere !

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Well that was easy the only reason I suggested that is because it happened to me.im glad it all worked because whenever you have car problems you are always thinking the worst

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
278 Posts
Why does the dealer need to reprogram the computer from a battery change? What exactly are they reprograming?

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,026 Posts
Why does the dealer need to reprogram the computer from a battery change? What exactly are they reprograming?
Perhaps it was as simple as an outstanding recall or TSB.....and not really due to the battery replacement.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Anybody will tell you on most new cars if you lose battery power you have to have the car pcm reflashed.i store my car for 4 months a year in the winter and instead of using a trickle charger I roll it out of garage and let it run for about an 1 hour once a month so the battery won’t go dead (also get the oil flowing)

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,112 Posts
If your battery goes dead, you don't need a PCM flash? People have dead batteries all the time. Possibility of loosing some settings, but those are customer changeable

A Guy

·
Registered
278 Posts
I've never had to reflash anything from a dealer after changing a battery.
My Wife's car is a 2013 which is the newest one I changed the battery in. Didn't do a thing afterwards.

My RAM is a 2007 and just needs to be driven about 200 miles after a battery swap to reset the smog stuff on the PCM before I can smog it. Had that happen twice.
Haven't had to change the battery in the Challenger yet.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Ok good to know.i guess thats a wives tale.ill change my own battery and the last place I want to be is at the dealership thanks

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,112 Posts
There were cars that had issues with PCM when batteries went dead, just very few Challenger owners have had issues

A Guy

·
Registered
278 Posts
There were cars that had issues with PCM when batteries went dead, just very few Challenger owners have had issues

A Guy
Wow, you would think car makers would have a fix in place for that. Glad to hear ours haven't had issues bit sure seems others want to make sure you have to go to the dealer for that $300 battery swap im sure it will cost lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts