Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Dodge Challenger Rt. Looking for an OEM looking exhaust tips but in black. Any one seen theese out there?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Simple:

Picture 1 + Picture 2 = Picture 3

And as Monte said, cure them in the oven.

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
2011 Dodge Challenger Rt. Looking for an OEM looking exhaust tips but in black. Any one seen theese out there?
Hey big guy,

I just hit Speed Logix up and this what they said they would be: $411.76 plus shipping!

·
Registered
302 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Reactions: SecretCajunMann

·
Registered
178 Posts
I bought the Mopar Quad tips and had them powder coated for $40 locally. They cam out really well. I think you can new quad tips for about $180.
That's more like it. I mean, $411 for just tips ? I went to a shop to find out how much it would run me to have a new cat back exhaust system with 2 Flow Master 44's and a res delete.. And they quoted me $500 installed !

·
Registered
178 Posts
Wasn't just the tips. That included powdercoating as well.
Which looks to be a $231 service ? The same service someone got for $40 ? Hey, I guess if someone is willing to pay that... Why not charge them for it.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Danner

Danner
great price, do you mind sharing who did your powder coating (i live close to DFW). I hear great things about that vendor. But it appears you spotted a big mark up. thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Danner
great price, do you mind sharing who did your powder coating (i live close to DFW). I hear great things about that vendor. But it appears you spotted a big mark up. thanks for the info.
It was an outfit called DFW Coatings. But, if you search near where you live, you'll find one. With new tips, it should be a piece of cake for them.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think ill get them powder coated locally.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Which looks to be a $231 service ? The same service someone got for $40 ? Hey, I guess if someone is willing to pay that... Why not charge them for it.
Thats definitely the most ridiculous thing i have ever heatd, 431 for exhaust tips. They should literally be gold plated for a price like that

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Don't wash them ever and they will turn black eventually, free of charge! :D

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thats definitely the most ridiculous thing i have ever heatd, 431 for exhaust tips. They should literally be gold plated for a price like that
Yeah, that's my thoughts as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts