Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Have a 2013 Challenger that came stock with an RES radio (with Uconnect and Serius). I am wanting to upgrade to a Touchscreen with Nav and backup camera capability. From what I've found browsing the forums, it looks like my best bet will be the RHR.

Does that sound correct? Or is there a simpler install that offers all of that?

From what I've gathered, to upgrade from RES to RHR, all I will need with the RHR is the steering control UConnect bypass p#82212906, but I've also read that you have to run a wire to the mirror (which has the microphone). Is that correct or no?

Lastly, for the backup camera, I've seen people say they needed a "Lockpick" or to go to the dealership to activate the ability to have a backup camera. Is this true, or do I simply plug the AV into the back of the RHR and it's good to go.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer on this. This radio upgrade has cause me many hours or painstaking research and I just can't seem to come to a clear answer on what needs to be done to upgrade to the RHR. I would go with the RHB, but it doesn't appear to support backup camera.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi all. Have a 2013 Challenger that came stock with an RES radio (with Uconnect and Serius). I am wanting to upgrade to a Touchscreen with Nav and backup camera capability. From what I've found browsing the forums, it looks like my best bet will be the RHR.

Does that sound correct? Or is there a simpler install that offers all of that?

From what I've gathered, to upgrade from RES to RHR, all I will need with the RHR is the steering control UConnect bypass p#82212906, but I've also read that you have to run a wire to the mirror (which has the microphone). Is that correct or no?

Lastly, for the backup camera, I've seen people say they needed a "Lockpick" or to go to the dealership to activate the ability to have a backup camera. Is this true, or do I simply plug the AV into the back of the RHR and it's good to go.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer on this. This radio upgrade has cause me many hours or painstaking research and I just can't seem to come to a clear answer on what needs to be done to upgrade to the RHR. I would go with the RHB, but it doesn't appear to support backup camera.
you can see it here Uconnect® | The right Uconnect® for your Dodge Vehicle

My dealer recommended me NavTool that's what they use even at the dealership.

here is a link to the product it works no problem and I'm even thinking of upgrading to wireless mirroring option

this is the one i got - DODGE CHALLENGER 2015-2018 NAVIGATION VIDEO INTERFACE

this is what i'm planning to upgrade tp DODGE CHALLENGER 2015 2016 2017 2018 NAVIGATION VIDEO INTERFACE with BUILT-IN HD SMARTPHONE MIRRORING via HDMI

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen that, and believe you'd use that if using an RHB as it has no backup camera input (iirc). My questions are more to do with what all will I need and what is the proper accessories needed to convert my 2013 RES to an RHR. I do not believe you'd need the adaptor you've shown because the RHR has a backup input and so far as I am lead to believe the adaptor I listed should open up my Uconnect and steering wheel.

What I really need to know is if I need to run anything to the mirror using the adapter I listed in my OP, and is what I listed all I'd need to make the conversion successfully? Also, should the backup camera just be plug and play or do I have to have the car flashed for it to accept it. Lastly, my antenna/Serius XM cable should work fine as the GPS antenna in the RHR, or will I need a different antenna?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've seen that, and believe you'd use that if using an RHB as it has no backup camera input (iirc). My questions are more to do with what all will I need and what is the proper accessories needed to convert my 2013 RES to an RHR. I do not believe you'd need the adaptor you've shown because the RHR has a backup input and so far as I am lead to believe the adaptor I listed should open up my Uconnect and steering wheel.

What I really need to know is if I need to run anything to the mirror using the adapter I listed in my OP, and is what I listed all I'd need to make the conversion successfully? Also, should the backup camera just be plug and play or do I have to have the car flashed for it to accept it. Lastly, my antenna/Serius XM cable should work fine as the GPS antenna in the RHR, or will I need a different antenna?
RHB and RHR has camera input and both radios need a camera module, to let the radio know you have camera and thats exactly what navtool is used for, try asking here https://www.facebook.com/MYGIG1/

if you use navtool you can get all the bells and whistles without trip to a dealer

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But I can get by without the NavTool or LockPick if I simply have the dealership flash it for the camera, correct? I only ask because those tools are like $300 and the dealership will flash (pair) for free for me. If that's true, the only added benefit I see to having that module is being able to use the DVD while driving, which I'd never do.

Is all of that correct?

·
Registered
20 Posts
But I can get by without the NavTool or LockPick if I simply have the dealership flash it for the camera, correct? I only ask because those tools are like $300 and the dealership will flash (pair) for free for me. If that's true, the only added benefit I see to having that module is being able to use the DVD while driving, which I'd never do.

Is all of that correct?
i paid $200 for navtool , my dealer wanted $150 to flash it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts