Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what year did they revive the plum crazy color?
what line of cars could get plum crazy? all challengers?, some challengers,? 300,charger???

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
not sure...2012 caravan maybe. Also with possibility of detonator yellow option.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
old school mopars too, 2010 challengers rt and srt only. new color is wild berry or black berry

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
The charger pcp and challenger pcp are not the same paint chip. I have a pic of my car and a charger nose to nose if u want to see the comparison of the two pcp's side by side

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ditto on that. They're definitely different.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
The charger pcp and challenger pcp are not the same paint chip. I have a pic of my car and a charger nose to nose if u want to see the comparison of the two pcp's side by side
I would like to see the difference can you post it up?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Sorry about the image quality, it was shot on my blackberry. But I think you can see the differences (they seem greater in person)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Paint colors can be different from the same year car, from plant to plant or from the time of month the car was built in. This is why when painting a car you will need the paint code the year and date built and sometimes the plant the car was built in. When painting a car or large parts of a car its best to mix all the paint needed at the same time. I know that when getting some GM colors and Fords you will need all the above info. I'm no sure about the Dodge's.

·
Banned
484 Posts
There are at least 3 pcp paint codes since 07. It depends on build date, i ran into this problem having my intake painted.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey addicted PCP, any chance of us taking a peek at that PCP intake???
also how did u paint it. remove it?, buy another intake,? did you sand it first,? or use any primer? i would love to have mine painted also. tell us what all is involved please, step by step... thanks...

:pimp::scratchhead::cowtounge::browsmiley::redcap:

·
Super Moderator
15,963 Posts
I've seen this color on '07 Charger SRT8 - looks darker than the '10 Challenger PCP shade from the examples I've seen.

The 2010 PCP available only on the SRT8 and Classic R/T models...not on SE, or R/T F or J pkg model. It was available in late calendar 2009 (model year 2010). SRT8 trims received the PCP color accent stripe on the seatback in lieu of the Hemi Orange stripe. The R/T classics in PCP had purple stitching on the seats (dark slate gray leather only) instead of the white stitching...

PCP was the initial offering of white color R/T classic stripes and the option of Super Track Pack [on the R/T model only]. Also available was the Katzkin leather option that could be factory ordered (would appear on Monroney window sticker), but field installed after arrival at dealer.

Detonator Yellow was offered prior (Fall 2009) to Plum Crazy Purple, once the production run was finished for DY orders, then PCP went into production.

·
Banned
484 Posts
hey addicted PCP, any chance of us taking a peek at that PCP intake???
also how did u paint it. remove it?, buy another intake,? did you sand it first,? or use any primer? i would love to have mine painted also. tell us what all is involved please, step by step... thanks...

:pimp::scratchhead::cowtounge::browsmiley::redcap:
Its not the stock intake. Its a Aria intake that i had custom painted. It came out awsome, the paint matched perfect. Code was PHG but they needed the build date because some of the same codes are slightly different shades. I wish i could paint this good. But first time i closed the hood it left a gash in it. Oh well, live and learn.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've seen this color on '07 Charger SRT8 - looks darker than the '10 Challenger PCP shade from the examples I've seen.

The 2010 PCP available only on the SRT8 and Classic R/T models...not on SE or R/T F or J pkg model. It was available in late summer/early fall 2009 before that color run was concluded. SRT8 trims received the PCP color accent stripe on the seatback in lieu of the Hemi Orange stripe. The R/T classics in PCP had purple stitching on the seats (dark slate gray leather only) instead of the white stitching...

PCP was the initial offering of white color R/T classic stripes and the option of Super Track Pack [on the R/T model only]. Also available was the Katzkin leather option that could be factory ordered (would appear on Monroney window sticker), but field installed after arrival at dealer.

Next heritage color brought on was Detonator Yellow (late Fall 2009), which displaced once the production run was finished for PCP orders.
Just FYI this is backwards on the dates; The DY color came out for ordering first in late summer/early fall of 2009, and the PCP was available to order in the fall (Oct I believe) and started showing up on lots very late Dec 2009/early 2010.

·
Super Moderator
15,963 Posts
Just FYI this is backwards on the dates; The DY color came out for ordering first in late summer/early fall of 2009, and the PCP was available to order in the fall (Oct I believe) and started showing up on lots very late Dec 2009/early 2010.
Sorry about that...I got that mixed up :) corrected the earlier post too...

·
Registered
891 Posts
You wanted a 'crazy' purple fact, here's one...

It was only available on the RT and SRT. Apparently, only people with more money can get a colour they want. Its extremely puzzling to me why there are no 'SE only' colours?!?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts