Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i’m new here so sorry if this is in the wrong place or whatnot. But I just bought some 20x10 wheels (set of 4) and i’m wanting to put 275s all the way around. I have a 2009 Challenger R/T with stock suspension. Would i have problems putting 10 inch wheels and 275s all the way around? and if so what size spacers would i need up front? I’ve heard a lot of mixed answers saying you can do this without spacers and some saying you can’t. Please reply, in desperate need of help!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hey i’m new here so sorry if this is in the wrong place or whatnot. But I just bought some 20x10 wheels (set of 4) and i’m wanting to put 275s all the way around. I have a 2009 Challenger R/T with stock suspension. Would i have problems putting 10 inch wheels and 275s all the way around? and if so what size spacers would i need up front? I’ve heard a lot of mixed answers saying you can do this without spacers and some saying you can’t. Please reply, in desperate need of help!
A lot of this is going to depend on the offset of these wheels.

As for the front, you might have some rubbing issues. I run 9.5" in the front with 275/40s and its really tight in there.

My backs are 10.5" with 305/35s and its pretty tight as well. I've seen guys run 315s without issue but again, your offsets are going to determine how much the wheels are pushed in or out.

On the pre-15s, I believe you might have to roll the rear fender....not 100% sure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A lot of this is going to depend on the offset of these wheels.

As for the front, you might have some rubbing issues. I run 9.5" in the front with 275/40s and its really tight in there.

My backs are 10.5" with 305/35s and its pretty tight as well. I've seen guys run 315s without issue but again, your offsets are going to determine how much the wheels are pushed in or out.

On the pre-15s, I believe you might have to roll the rear fender....not 100% sure.
the wheels have a +40mm offset, but i have no clue if that’ll fit

·
Registered
588 Posts
the wheels have a +40mm offset, but i have no clue if that’ll fit
I could be wrong but with a +40mm offest, your wheels are going to poke out a bit.

My fronts are 9.5" with a +15 offset running on 275/40/20
Rears are 10.5" with a +25 offset running 305/35/20

You can see in my pics where the wheels/tires line up with the body of the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
If you have +40 you will not poke out but sucked in. You will be in trouble. Don't even mount those tires on. Return the wheels. +40 is Mustang spec. You will be hitting your insides (both front and rears).
You probably have 114.3 bolt pattern also. Only way to work is to throw on a adapter but you probably don't want to go that route.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,768 Posts
I believe a general use is +15 front, +25 rear. Or in that range. A Guy

·
Registered
588 Posts
If you have +40 you will not poke out but sucked in. You will be in trouble. Don't even mount those tires on. Return the wheels. +40 is Mustang spec. You will be hitting your insides (both front and rears).
You probably have 114.3 bolt pattern also. Only way to work is to throw on a adapter but you probably don't want to go that route.
Yes, your right. I was thinking the opposite way.

Attachments

Reactions: raceheart77
1 - 7 of 7 Posts