Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my kit is on the way and I'm trying to be 100% ready when it arrives??I have some questions for those I the know??once I knew I was getting my supercharger for sure I went out and bought the trinity since I was lead to believe it would be better for on board diagnostics. NOW I'm realizing that I need a wideband 02 sensor and guage and I already knew I needed a boost guage. So I've had a few people tell me that the trinty can measure wideband 02 and or boost through the aux port.is there validity to this? I just sittin here thinking that if I get a wideband 02 guage, boost guage and my trinity then that's gonna be a lot of sheet on mounted in my car and look kinda ricey..... Someone please properly inform me on this, I know my supercharger comes with the intune, I just sold my first intune when I bought trinity lol..I love the trinity but I don't want a ton of shit mounted on my pilar and looking lame...HELP!!!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also if someone can help me with the best gauges, I'm gonna run afr and boost but what are good ones to buy..so confusing with so many to choose from..I don't want a cheap ass one when my motor relies on it but don't wanna break the bank either lol..what's a good matching pair to run? RED ILLUM PREFERABLY IF POSSIBLE

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So upon more research on the forums I see that I should definitely keep my trinity and not sell it, it's much needed for data logging,I found a few nice gauge set ups that I like, maybe I'll just have to figure out mounting so things don't look ricey

·
Registered
221 Posts
I installed a wideband and boost gauge, and got to say that it was a total waist of $700 IMO. It is kind of hard to look at any of it when you got your foot in the car and your hauling A**.

If you are as determined as I was to have gauges in the car then Call Wyatt over at Arrington and have him order the AEM gauges. The AEM gauges have a red illumination with either a black or white face.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
I use the Trinity to read both my AFR and boost. For boost you do not need a separate gauge. The Trinity can read the boost from the OBDII port, it computes it internally by using the synthesized boost parameter. For AFR I am using an Innovate LC1 wideband connected to the analog input of the Trinity. I have my Trinity mounted to the single A pillar gauge pod sold by Speedlogix.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How accurately does the trinity measure boost with its calculators way of measuring it?

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
How accurately does the trinity measure boost with its calculators way of measuring it?
It seems very close to me. I have an 8psi pulley on my Magnacharger and I get that plus or minus a few tenths on the Trinity when I go WOT.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts