Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm about to get some new tires for for the rear. I'm running 245/45R20 at the moment but I want tire that fills out the rear fender well better. Basically I want more side wall. So I was hoping someone could point me the direction of the best looking tire for the rear! Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice car! It all depends on the width of your wheel. If they are 8" then you better stay there. s
If 9" 275 40 20 is as big as you can go. Safely.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To be completely honest I don't have the best knowledge when it comes to tires and sizes and everything, I'm more of a cosmetic guy myself. Where would I find out if they're 8s or 9s? I know it's the 20 inch rims that came with "classic" package.

·
Premium Member
2014 rt shaker
750 Posts
Those wheels are 8” wide

You could run a 255/45/r20 if you wanted, it would be slightly wider and taller than the front but not a night and day difference

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, I wasn't really sure. I know there wouldn't be a huge difference but I figure any little bit would help just to make the rear look alittle more aggressive. I just wanted to make sure because I most definitely want to avoid any rubbing situations. Plus I figure spending alittle more on a good rear tire will help because I'm about to put it on the drag track.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Ok, so I'm about to get some new tires for for the rear. I'm running 245/45R20 at the moment but I want tire that fills out the rear fender well better. Basically I want more side wall. So I was hoping someone could point me the direction of the best looking tire for the rear! Thanks!
I recently went 315s but I also got a replica 11x20 for it also 27mm offset..Fits like a champ, no issues (2016 SRT)

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,694 Posts
Honestly, you won't get any noticeable difference with 255's, you'd want to go wider wheels if you want tires that make a difference.

Clipboard01.jpg

A Guy

Reactions: Ohgeez

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
I changed rims and got 10.5 inch wide +25MM offset for the rear and 9 or 9.5 for the front, can't remember the front as that is no big deal. I run 315/35 R 20 on the rear and 245/45 R 20 for the front.
I want to run "Pizza cutters" on the front but can not find a good tire in 4" width that is the same height.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So pretty much what I've gathered from everyone is to get the desired look, I need to buy some 9 or 10 inch wide rims. I like the profile of the rims in front so all I need is a set for the rear.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Listen ........... you said you were looking for bigger SIDEWALL not width correct. So the wheel width is a non issue. The issue is , these cars come with for all intents and purposes a 29” diameter wheel/tire . On a 20” wheel you are not going to find a much bigger sidewalk without venturing into truck tires. If you want a bigger sidewall find a set of 17x9’s or 18x10’s and run a 305/45 or 50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
So pretty much what I've gathered from everyone is to get the desired look, I need to buy some 9 or 10 inch wide rims. I like the profile of the rims in front so all I need is a set for the rear.
you can not get the factory rims in 10.5 inches so I would suggest buying a whole set. 10.5 inch I believe is the minimum for a 315 to be mounted on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I'm definitely not opposed to some offset wider rims period. I guess for now I'll just stick with what I'm running till I find some bigger rims I really like. Thanks for all the help btw!

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Yes, 9 to 10 inches in the rear. Depending on how WIDE you want to go. IF you are getting new go for more than 9 just in case. The 8s are fine on the front. Leave that alone. Should look real good! Show us if you git er done.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yea, want to keep the front at 8's and I think it would give it a better stance with 10's on the rear.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts