Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2010 challenger r/t 5.7 and i am wanting to increase power to around 700hp. what would be the best things to do to the engine to be more reliable for the power and what products would be the best to get there? im wanting to put a sc on it as well.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
The cost of getting 700hp out of a 5.7 is going to be more than starting with a larger displacement engine. Forged crank, rods and pistons, a Kenne-Bell SC or equivalent.Even then 600 is closer to what you will end up with.2hp per cubic inch is going to need extensive head work a cam, a blower and for reliability the aboved mentioned forged parts. My s-i-l has two raceboats each engine cost about 15k and he starts with a 540 ci BBC and still has to use a 200-300 shot of nitrous to make an estimated 1000 hp.On average they last one season with 50-100 runs, and its rebuild time again.Provided there are no catastrophic failures during the season.The difference between a 10 second car and a 9 second car is directly proportional to the size of your wallet.

·
Registered
957 Posts
i have a 2010 challenger r/t 5.7 and i am wanting to increase power to around 700hp. what would be the best things to do to the engine to be more reliable for the power and what products would be the best to get there? im wanting to put a sc on it as well.
I'm not going to say it's impossible, but to ask the question means you need to do some more research. A supercharger is a given. All told, I'd be surprised if you could build a 700 hp 5.7 for under $20k

·
Registered
258 Posts
Additional costs

Don't forget all of your other systems then need to be upgraded to handle the additional HP too. Brakes, trans, suspension, rear will potentially all need upgrading.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Contact Andy (PWR) and have him forge a motor with heads and all the good stuff. Throw on a 2.8 LC kenne bell at 14 pounds and that will do it.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Contact Andy (PWR) and have him forge a motor with heads and all the good stuff. Throw on a 2.8 LC kenne bell at 14 pounds and that will do it.
x2 or a ProCharger :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts