Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm in the market for a new car, I either want a 2014 rt classic, or one of the new 2015s.
My dealership offered me a 14 rt classic, sunroof, basic stereo for $37,413 with monthly payments of $479 after $5,000 down.

Or I could do the double down lease a 14 and buy and 15 after a year. Pretty much offered me $517 payments with $5,000 down, then obviously purchase the 15. It ends up being roughly $10,000 or so off the 15.

Or I could just wait and buy a 15 rt.

Dont know what to do, what do yall think?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Get an SRT

Reactions: aldo90731

·
Registered
700 Posts
So I'm in the market for a new car, I either want a 2014 rt classic, or one of the new 2015s.
My dealership offered me a 14 rt classic, sunroof, basic stereo for $37,413 with monthly payments of $479 after $5,000 down.

Or I could do the double down lease a 14 and buy and 15 after a year. Pretty much offered me $517 payments with $5,000 down, then obviously purchase the 15. It ends up being roughly $10,000 or so off the 15.

Or I could just wait and buy a 15 rt.

Dont know what to do, what do yall think?
I'm going to sway towards the ownership side, Like yourself I was initially lured into the lease however after giving it some thought, I would rather own. I think it's $1,000 off of the 2015 if you lease the 2014. Not $10,000.

$37K for a 2014 RT is really high, especially right now. Most dealers are going to be pricing the 2014's in the low 30's (At least in my area) They are going to want to move them for the 2015 models.

1st)

Have you shopped a few dealers yet? That would be my first suggestion. If your dead serious in doing this, hit up as many dealers as you can. See what they say. If you can find a "high volume" dealer, then you may have a better shot at getting near invoice price.

2nd) 42K for a 2014 New, Might as well hold out for the 2015, see if you can get a 392 RT(I don't think you can order a 2014 SRT anymore). They are expected to be priced in the 40K's .. Your really going to regret signing the paperwork when 1 month later they announce the new pricing and you may have been able to get the big v8.

3rd) Don't lease. Like I said earlier, I was initially lured into this, but the numbers don't work out. After shopping around (4 dealers in my area) I found that all of them had a difference prices on the SAME car 2014 RT classic.

Go to : TrueCar

Sign up, fill in your info and the car you want, Custom build it. You will see the invoice of what the dealers pay or close to it, then you can take that paper. walk in and have a serious talk. In some cases the dealers will be emailed that you are looking for a new car and will give you a no haggle price (hopefully) or a price that would warrant a callback. (in my case the sales manager sat me down on the computer order sheet and went through the options then showed me what invoice was and said it was mine for that price once he hits *Submit*

I asked him if he was going to do this with the 2015 cars and he said absolutely. So, only time will tell. I have his info / card and keep in contact every 2 weeks with him via email. He knows what I want. If he bullshi$ts me about pricing when the 2015 comes out, i'll go elsewhere but something tells me I found a winner.

The first 2 dealers I hit up didn't even know anything about the 2014 challenger let alone 2015. One of the salesmen told me that they could order a Sublime Green 2014 Challenger right now! , I laughed and walked out.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Here's the Double Down deal, your info is incorrect:
Dodge Double-Up is a pretty innovative way to keep customers buying the out-going version of the car while the new one is on the horizon. It's pretty simple, too; here's how it works: a customer would enter into a 12-month lease for a 2014 Dodge Charger (with the exception of the base Charger SE and loaded Charger SRT), or a 2014 Dodge Challenger (excluding the Challenger SRT), and then drive the car for a year. After a year, the customer will return to the Dodge dealership where they first leased their 2014 model, and trade their car in for a three-year lease on a 2015 Dodge Charger or 2015 Dodge Challenger. There is a bit of fine print, though. Automotive News reports that the one-year lease requires $2999 at signing, with payments starting at $329 per month for a 15,000 mile lease. When the year is up, customers must return to the same dealership they got their 2014 model from, where they can swap out their 2014 Charger or Challenger for a 2015 Charger or Challenger. The new three-year lease allows for 36,000, and requires no more money down and no change in monthly payment. The SRT models are again excluded, as is the 2015 Charger SE. The 2015 model's sticker price must be within $1500 of the 2014 model's sticker. The lease also must be made through Chrysler Capital. At the end of the 2015 model year lease, customers have the option of buying their car, and if they choose to do so, get a $1000 incentive.

Read more: Dodge Launches Innovative New 2015 Charger and Challenger Lease

·
Registered
310 Posts
I think that is a terrible deal at your dealership if the only option is sunroof. You can do way better. If you are set on the 14, what about a 13? Dealer by me has a plum crazy 13 rt classic heavily discounted. If you are really unsure if you want a 15 wait for them to hit the lots. There will still be 14s around then to compare

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well the 10,000 is what you already invested in the 14 model that you dont have to pay again towards the 15.

The car optioned as is is 36,580, then taxes bring it up to 40,913. then incentives make it 37,413.

They actually gave me the car for the night lol, so I'm gonna drive it to a couple dealerships tomorrow and see what they have to offer on my way back.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's the Double Down deal, your info is incorrect:
Dodge Double-Up is a pretty innovative way to keep customers buying the out-going version of the car while the new one is on the horizon. It's pretty simple, too; here's how it works: a customer would enter into a 12-month lease for a 2014 Dodge Charger (with the exception of the base Charger SE and loaded Charger SRT), or a 2014 Dodge Challenger (excluding the Challenger SRT), and then drive the car for a year. After a year, the customer will return to the Dodge dealership where they first leased their 2014 model, and trade their car in for a three-year lease on a 2015 Dodge Charger or 2015 Dodge Challenger. There is a bit of fine print, though. Automotive News reports that the one-year lease requires $2999 at signing, with payments starting at $329 per month for a 15,000 mile lease. When the year is up, customers must return to the same dealership they got their 2014 model from, where they can swap out their 2014 Charger or Challenger for a 2015 Charger or Challenger. The new three-year lease allows for 36,000, and requires no more money down and no change in monthly payment. The SRT models are again excluded, as is the 2015 Charger SE. The 2015 model's sticker price must be within $1500 of the 2014 model's sticker. The lease also must be made through Chrysler Capital. At the end of the 2015 model year lease, customers have the option of buying their car, and if they choose to do so, get a $1000 incentive.

Read more: Dodge Launches Innovative New 2015 Charger and Challenger Lease

If you look at the dodge website it shows you can, either lease the 15 or buy it outright

·
Registered
212 Posts
well the 10,000 is what you already invested in the 14 model that you dont have to pay again towards the 15.
unless I am severly misunderstanding it, you will lose the money you have paid into the 2014 ($5k downpayment plus 6k in payments) once you give it up for the 2015. You arent getting "credit" for the money you paid into the 2014 lease on the 2015 or anything like that. you may not have to put the downpayment down again on the 2015 but will still pay it in the payment

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
unless I am severly misunderstanding it, you will lose the money you have paid into the 2014 ($5k downpayment plus 6k in payments) once you give it up for the 2015. You arent getting "credit" for the money you paid into the 2014 lease on the 2015 or anything like that. you may not have to put the downpayment down again on the 2015 but will still pay it in the payment
Yea I think I'm going to actually call the number Chrysler give to call for info. My dealer had actually never heard of the double down lease, so they were pretty much useless on info for it

·
Registered
700 Posts

If I'm asking for to much stop me, however i just couldn't help to notice the payment they quoted you for a 37k loan. Must be a 6 year loan, what was the interest rate if you don't mind me asking? 1.9% ?? Was this through Chrysler ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If I'm asking for to much stop me, however i just couldn't help to notice the payment they quoted you for a 37k loan. Must be a 6 year loan, what was the interest rate if you don't mind me asking? 1.9% ?? Was this through Chrysler ?
Yea its 1.99 through navy federal

·
Registered
700 Posts
Yea its 1.99 through navy federal
Thank you sir for your service and nice rate!!

I still think you should hold out 2 months and see if you can get in on the 392 RT :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just dealt with buying a Challenger in CA, I could get a 6speed Red anniversary w/nav for just under $31K. I just bought a 6 speed Shaker with nav & sound for $33K. I don't think I got the best deal but inventory of optioned cars with 6 speeds is very low.

·
Premium Member
2014 100th Annivesary R/T
517 Posts
Look around, you can find a better deal

Yeah 37k is high for an R/T unless it is a Shaker. I got my 100th R/T Plus that is basically fully loaded for 35.5.

Good luck and look around, and if you don't mind paying shipping Steve White Motors has some great deals as well, I saw some for under 30k on their website.

-Kenny

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea just called the double down phone line, the program is a terrible idea. pretty much my $5000 down payment is the only thing that goes toward to 15 car if I purchase it. the year of payments wont do anything except go away lol

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Yea just called the double down phone line, the program is a terrible idea. pretty much my $5000 down payment is the only thing that goes toward to 15 car if I purchase it. the year of payments wont do anything except go away lol
Thats what a lease is.... Why would you get credit for your payments? Your driving a new car for a year and then getting to trade out of it into another new car for the same payment. I looked at it also but I don't want to wait a year before I get a 2015, especially if certain colors (B5 Blue) is only available for a limited time.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Unless you can write off a lease on a business it is a bad deal .
If you can write it off then that is like renting a tool for your busunes So do you want to buy a car or rent a car and end up not owning anything ?:eek:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They just offered me 34,724 before taxes, then taxes bring it to 38,869. after the 3,500 rebates, its brings my total to 35,369.

I walked away till they offer more off.

·
Registered
775 Posts
You would be better off ordering a new one exactly the way you want it :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts