Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone out there can help me out I would be greatly appreciative!!! I am brand new to the forum as well a proud new owner of a 2014 R/T. That is not why I am here however (Not an announcement - as there is already a newbie thread for that which is all good). I am here because I am wanting to purchase BC Racing BR series coil-overs for the car and I am sort of baffled because I am seeing two types of conversation as well listings from different vendors in the market place. On one hand I am seeing vendors selling 08+ BC part # (Z-01) and other vendors are selling 11+ BC part # (Z-05). I have already downloaded from BC Racing their 2013 fitment chart PDF and it clearly states part # (Z-01) for all Challengers/SRT8 08+. I am also seeing in some posts/conversations on the web that there was a chassis change that took place after the 2011 models (I initially figured that would only be for the Charger/300C)?... I have contacted one vendor directly and he/she unequivocally states the part should be # (Z-05) for my vehicle. I have also contacted BC directly and spoke with two reps over the phone posing the same question and neither of them can confirm for certain which is the right one to buy. Both of the reps have asked me to measure the distance of the control arm. That was essentially where I am not feeling too confident they can help me out with 100% certainty.

So to make this long story and question as short as I possibly can, is their anyone who can confirm for me from their history of purchasing and installing BC Racing BR series coil-overs for their 2011,2012,2013,2014 Challenger what the correct part # is? I am really not feeling like dropping a G on the set up to then be stuck with them or have to pay out of my own pocket to ship them back to the vendor as I am sure many of you can understand. If this has been covered in other forums threads and such please excuse my lack of awareness. Any help you all can provide for me is much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
624 Posts
I have BC coilovers on my car which is a 2012. I purchased them from circuit motorsports and I had no trouble buying the right kit for my car. I never experienced the discrepancy that you have. Circuit motorsports was very helpful as well if you give them a call. I dont exactly know if im allowed to post a company's name that isnt a vendor here on the forum but oh well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the recomendation, I called Circuit Motorsports directly and they let me know the part number for 11 and up is (Z-05). BC's fitment chart is wrong and not up to date. Hopefully this helps a few out there that need to ensure they are purchasing the right part especially if they are first verifying off BC's chart, that chart is not on point. Thanks again for your feedback.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts