Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a set of vintage looking or mesh wheels for my 2010 challenger srt8. I cannot find anything that will fit that cost less than $600 per wheel! The front brakes are what I believe are causing my problem here. Could somebody please give me a little advice on what to do and where to look to find a set of wheels that are high quality but don't cost so much that my wife has thoughts of her choking me. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Mesh??? Can you post a photo of something similar? I think I have an idea what your looking for, as you've seen it's going to be difficult to find in a high production wheel(inexpensive).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Tough to find wheels that fit because of the front brake caliper and the positioning of the air valve on the wheels. I installed American Eagle Weeels-Boss Motorsport. I wanted Crager S/S had them delivered to the dealer and actually had them on the car When the installer found the problem with the location of the valve stem. When ordering you have to spec out the offset for the Challengeror the same thing will happen. The offset wheel actually worked out grea, brought the wheels out about .5 inches and it looks great

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Tough to find wheels that fit because of the front brake caliper and the positioning of the air valve on the wheels. I installed American Eagle Weeels-Boss Motorsport. I wanted Crager S/S had them delivered to the dealer and actually had them on the car When the installer found the problem with the location of the valve stem. When ordering you have to spec out the offset for the Challengeror the same thing will happen. The offset wheel actually worked out grea, brought the wheels out about .5 inches and it looks great
Is this an issue specific to the SRT8 or also with the RT & SE?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Tough to find wheels that fit because of the front brake caliper and the positioning of the air valve on the wheels. I installed American Eagle Weeels-Boss Motorsport. I wanted Crager S/S had them delivered to the dealer and actually had them on the car When the installer found the problem with the location of the valve stem. When ordering you have to spec out the offset for the Challengeror the same thing will happen. The offset wheel actually worked out grea, brought the wheels out about .5 inches and it looks great.............................These wheels were for a 2010 R/T, however, I believe that all would be similar as to brake caliper placement causing the issue

1 - 11 of 11 Posts