Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are 2 minor paint scratches I need help going on about how to fix. I've done some research and I've found this kit on amazon PAINTSCRATCH-Challenger-Original-Factory-Automotive/dp/B01I2LSXU2/ref=mp_s_a_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1529458196&sr=8-1-fkmr1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=PAINTSCRATCH+2009+dodge+challenger+whitewhich I think would work fine, but I'm open to any other suggestions. Now I'm just wondering if I should sand down the area where the paint is messed up (see the picture) or if I should leave it as is and just paint over it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,313 Posts
There are 2 minor paint scratches I need help going on about how to fix. I've done some research and I've found this kit on amazon PAINTSCRATCH-Challenger-Original-Factory-Automotive/dp/B01I2LSXU2/ref=mp_s_a_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1529458196&sr=8-1-fkmr1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=PAINTSCRATCH+2009+dodge+challenger+whitewhich I think would work fine, but I'm open to any other suggestions. Now I'm just wondering if I should sand down the area where the paint is messed up (see the picture) or if I should leave it as is and just paint over it.
How old is you car? Any warranty left on it? The door handle paint can't be blamed on "wear and tear", that looks like the paint never properly bonded. The first picture could be a latent defect, or caused by a road hazard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How old is you car? Any warranty left on it? The door handle paint can't be blamed on "wear and tear", that looks like the paint never properly bonded. The first picture could be a latent defect, or caused by a road hazard.
It's a 2009, so no, no warranty left

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,313 Posts
It's a 2009, so no, no warranty left
Okay, worth a shot asking.

I'd take it to a professional body shop; why the paint is peeling that way from your door handle is concerning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts