Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2015 Challenger SXT Plus. There is a metal part under the car near the right side wheel. (I don't know name in English for the part).

I have attached a photo. The previous owner did the welding. Should I change it because the weld does not appear to be strong?

Thank you for helping me.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2013 RT Classic
537 Posts
Why do you think the prior owner did any welding? Was the car in an accident and they just did the least possible to sell it? It looks like a stock control arm to me and unless the car is going to be raced (not likely with an SXT) stock is fine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the car was hit on the right back side. The previous owner only replaced the right rear lower arm. I did not see this welding at that time. I paid only $10K- it was a good deal. I will take it to a mechanic on Friday. Maybe more welding is required. I may want to replace it if possible.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Looks like the factory welds on my 2013 RT subframe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,754 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
what I see is totally normal and factory, not sure what you're referring to as being welded.........

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Yeah, you would definitely be surprised at the qc and shortcuts domestic manufactures take to be competitive....

Car drives fine no funny sounds? Keep driving

1 - 9 of 9 Posts