Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 PCP Challenger Scat Pack w/dynamics
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I’ve been in the process of installing long tube headers on my scat pack. It’s turning out to be way harder than I had anticipated (makes the c5 header install look like a piece of cake). I’m struggling big time with the top 2 bolts in the top-center of the manifold. Does anyone have any sort of experience / tips to getting these out? Special tools or techniques? The kooks instructions suggested going under the car, and reaching over the top of the manifolds. I have 1 more on the drivers side, but holy cow, the passenger side is tight as hell. We ended up taking off the steering column, and just unbolted the motor mounts. I’m gonna have to remove the starter as well because It seems to be blocking the motor mount on the drivers side. On the passengers side, it seems that there are also some black bars connected to the motor mount (anyone know about those??). But we have the motor propped up on some stands right now and called it quits for the day. Any input and/or resources would be greatly appreciated!! Cheers!

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
495 Posts
For the 3rd bolt back on the top passenger side I just used a bunch of extensions and a swivel. For the 2nd one back you just have to loosen the motor mount and jack up the motor little and get it from the top.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Wow i didn't have to pull the starter or the braces .i did the whole thing from underneath on jack stands. Had to pull the steering shaft but that was easy .one bolt and it moves around pretty good. Used basic open end wrenches and sockets and LOTS of patience.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
495 Posts
Wow i didn't have to pull the starter or the braces .i did the whole thing from underneath on jack stands. Had to pull the steering shaft but that was easy .one bolt and it moves around pretty good. Used basic open end wrenches and sockets and LOTS of patience.
Seems like everyone has a different way of doing it. I didn't undo the steering shaft. I actually didn't undo anything except the old manifolds but there was one bolt that was impossible to get to on the passenger side without raising the motor so I just had a shop install that one bolt for me.

·
Registered
2018 PCP Challenger Scat Pack w/dynamics
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ended up completing it. Took me a very long time, but overall it was quite a rewarding experience. Had to lift the motor and reach all the way over the top of the manifold to get to those middle bolts. Saying this job takes patience is an understatement!! Here’s some videos of the startup:

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
495 Posts
OST Dyno removes the heads and installs them with the heads off. (At least when they swap cams too)
Definitely easier doing it with the heads off but if that's the only reason you're taking heads off it's a waste of money cuz now you're buying gaskets and bolts and doing fluids.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts