Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was given this amp
Insignia® - 1000W Bridgeable 2-Channel Amplifier - NS-A1000 | Insignia

Trying to match the right 10 inch sub to go with it.. I have an aftermarket Pioneer Deck in the headunit..
I had a 10 inch sub in there already but some how blew it.. I just want to make sure that I get the right sub.

Preferably under 100 bucks..

Here are the specs on the AMP

High-Pass Filter Yes
Continuous Watts per Channel (4 Ohms) RMS 110 x 2
Number of Channels 2
Peak Power Watts per Channel (2 Ohms) 310 x 2
Continuous Watts Bridged 320
Continuous Watts per Channel (2 Ohms) RMS 155 x 2
Low-Pass Filter Yes
Peak Power Watts per Channel (4 Ohms) 220 x 2

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
320W peak output @ 1% THD, bridged
310W peak x 2 @ 2 ohms; 220W peak x 2 @ 4 ohms
155W RMS (continuous) x 2 @ 2 ohms; 110W RMS (continuous) x 2 @ 4 ohms
Adjustable 40-250Hz low-pass crossover
Platinum-plated RCA connection
Line-out
System distress indicator

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
its hard to tell since the specs are incomplete. It says 320w X 1 channel but it doesnt say at what resistance. I would venture to guess its at 4 ohms so you would want to match it with a sub that has a 4 ohm load with approximately a 300+ watt RMS rating. The amp will be able to do ~320 watts so picking a sub in and around that rating is best. If the rating is below, you have to be careful not to blow your sub. If you buy a sub with a higher thermal handling, you have to be careful that your amp doesn't start clipping.

It is better to have more amp power than the sub can handle and be cautious not to blow it. There are hundreds if not thousands of subs out there to choose from.

Also, you need to know the dimensions of the box, is it ported or sealed? Bandpass? The box type and volume will also determine which sub will work best because the volume differences will affect how the driver performs.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its hard to tell since the specs are incomplete. It says 320w X 1 channel but it doesnt say at what resistance. I would venture to guess its at 4 ohms so you would want to match it with a sub that has a 4 ohm load with approximately a 300+ watt RMS rating. The amp will be able to do ~320 watts so picking a sub in and around that rating is best. If the rating is below, you have to be careful not to blow your sub. If you buy a sub with a higher thermal handling, you have to be careful that your amp doesn't start clipping.

It is better to have more amp power than the sub can handle and be cautious not to blow it. There are hundreds if not thousands of subs out there to choose from.

Also, you need to know the dimensions of the box, is it ported or sealed? Bandpass? The box type and volume will also determine which sub will work best because the volume differences will affect how the driver performs.
it is 4 ohm. Thanks for your help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts