Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front tires are starting to show thread, so it's time for new tires. I'll be replacing all 4 tires on my SRT.

In the back I'm going to go with 275/40/20 or something close to that. On the front I'm going with 255/40/20 or something close. I may consider 45 series tires.

Anyway, I've narrowed my search down to Pirelli PZero, Toyo Proxes, Nitto NT05, Nitto Invo, Hankook Ventus, Goodyear Eagle, and BF Goodrich GForce.

Obviously, some of these are cheaper than others.

Are there any of these I should stay away from? Does anyone really like a certain tire listed above?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
My front tires are starting to show thread, so it's time for new tires. I'll be replacing all 4 tires on my SRT.

In the back I'm going to go with 275/40/20 or something close to that. On the front I'm going with 255/40/20 or something close. I may consider 45 series tires.

Anyway, I've narrowed my search down to Pirelli PZero, Toyo Proxes, Nitto NT05, Nitto Invo, Hankook Ventus, Goodyear Eagle, and BF Goodrich GForce.

Obviously, some of these are cheaper than others.

Are there any of these I should stay away from? Does anyone really like a certain tire listed above?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
It really comes down to what type of driving do you do if your in heavy rain ever the take the NT05 off the list the Invo, P-zero, Ventus are a very good all around tires and due well in the handling department. I had Toyo on my car and hated them for performance but they rode great on the highway, I heard the GForce was noisey.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Well, the car is a daily driver. I have no plans to take it to the track. That said, I do push it in the low end and corner hard sometimes. Not much snow here, so not really worried about that. It does rain quite a bit here though. One thing is I want the new tires to last longer than F1 Supercar tires. I have about 17500 miles on the car and the front tires are starting to show thread. The rear tires are worn but no thread showing.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I thought the NT05 performed excellent in all the reviews I read even in wet conditions..still hooked up better than the Invo they claimed...wet and dry (blew it away dry)

·
Registered
264 Posts
I like the NT05's. Im geting Those eventually.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
Thanks. Well, the car is a daily driver. I have no plans to take it to the track. That said, I do push it in the low end and corner hard sometimes. Not much snow here, so not really worried about that. It does rain quite a bit here though. One thing is I want the new tires to last longer than F1 Supercar tires. I have about 17500 miles on the car and the front tires are starting to show thread. The rear tires are worn but no thread showing.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
I'm running a 275/40/20 front & 315/35/20 rear so I have a large contact patch what I noticed was in heavy rain and standing water the car moved around on 2 lane roads with a crown. Now doing highway driving they performed fine and put up a heavy water spray. On dry surfaces they are awesome and after running autocross with them they are my first choice.
Just keep in mind that it is a summer performance tire and once the road temps get below 45* they ride harder it's the rubber compound.

·
Registered
940 Posts
For my money I'd buy the Hankook, they are half the price of some of the others. People on here have made several post about how good they are.
When I buy it will be them!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Shocked nobody mentioned the Vredesteins yet. They were recommended to me on the forum (thanks again 70TA), and I absolutely love them. Tread design is amazing for keeping water away when you drive in the rain. I also went to the track, and ran a 12.075 with them. To me, for the money, the look, and wet/dry performance, it will be hard to beat them. I went wit hthe 275/40/20's all the way around.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
Shocked nobody mentioned the Vredesteins yet. They were recommended to me on the forum (thanks again 70TA), and I absolutely love them. Tread design is amazing for keeping water away when you drive in the rain. I also went to the track, and ran a 12.075 with them. To me, for the money, the look, and wet/dry performance, it will be hard to beat them. I went wit hthe 275/40/20's all the way around.
I like the Verds also as those are what I am running on the 22's and a very good tire. I haven't tried the 22's to see how they perform on a track yet but I may just to see what they do so long as I don't mess up the rims too much $$$ invested in those...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts