Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the middle of installing a CAI kit on my 2010 R/T. But I cant remove the IAT sensor out of the stock air tube. Mine dosent just turn and pull out. Or does it? I dont want to apply too much tension because I know this part is fragile. Any ideas??? :scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
I know on mine, there was the retaining tab that seemed to block its exit. Several friends looked at it with me and none of could figure out how to get the sensor out without breaking the retaining tab. The consensus between us all was that it was meant to be a one way trip for the sensor, i.e., in but not out unless being replaced. So with kid gloves we tried to remove it -- and snap went the retaining tab. No big deal, it isn't needed for the CAI. On the CAI, the sensor just slips into a rubber grommet. Should you ever want to re-install the stock air box you can either go buy a new sensor or just use some permatex to keep it in place.

I have heard some people say they had no problem removing it -- with the retaining tab intact. I can't help but wonder, because I have an early R/T, that it wasn't redesigned a little.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I had changed my intake tube to the Charger tube. It does take some effort to get it to free. My suggestion would be leave it in your air tube and buy another. Only about $10.00.

·
Super Moderator
14,213 Posts
Di-lithium grease (used for light bulbs) helps to uninstall and install the sensor. Mine didn't break, but if your sensor does, a replacement is cheap at your local dealer.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I broke it! Just got back from the Dodge dealer. Bought a new one for $13. Thanks anyway guys!

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
YES to all of the above, P.I.T.A.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts