Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm having an issue with my car pulling to the right, as if I'm making a right hand turn, and it's an effort to get turn the wheel to get the car straight again.

It happened twice, once on Monday and then once again on Tuesday, then hasn't happened again, but I worked from home Wednesday and Thursday and didn't drive it at all.

There were no potholes and I drive the 2 roads this happened on all the time. The only thing that has changed is I had my summer wheels put back on Monday. I took it back to the dealership and they suggested keeping an eye on it since it's only happened twice so it's not an alignment or balancing problem.

Is it possible for it to be uneven tire wear? I welcome any and all suggestions.

·
Registered
466 Posts
you might have a separated radial cord, had that happen on my old pt cruiser

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Val, these cars have been known to drop the P/S pump. I don't know if that would cause the pull though. Did you hit anything? Curb, parking stop, small pot hole, dog, deer, elephant, brontosaurus? Those may cause a pull. J/K..
If it's pulling at times you may have had something come loose. I would take it in and complain before you chew up your rubber. They will NOT cover consequential damage of the tires if it's caused by a part failure on the car. Even if the failed part is under warranty.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice. I'll mention the steering. I have a 2-hour drive Sunday and I'll see how it handles. I won't be setting any land speed records though.:(

P.S. I don't have enough rubber left on the front tires to chew up. They were on the back till I got them put back on on Monday. J/K They're not that bad, but still have noticeable tread wear. If it's not the tires, they won't see another year.:disgust:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts