Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 430 Radio. I want to transfer music from my IPOD Nano to radio. But when I plug IPOD into front USB (on radio face), & touch "Front USB" & "Add Music Files" on radio screen, it reads "No Supported Files Found." When I plug it into center console, radio reads "Reading USB" & then it plays songs on IPOD without any problem. Just can't transfer music.
Am I doing something wrong?
P.S.
Dealer upgraded software awhile ago.

·
Registered
300 Posts
iPod files are .AAC files, you need to convert the songs on your computer to .MP3 then put them on a portable jump drive and transfer them to your radio that way...

...I could be wrong

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
iPod files are .AAC files, you need to convert the songs on your computer to .MP3 then put them on a portable jump drive and transfer them to your radio that way...

...I could be wrong
OK...makes sense...thanks!

·
Registered
58 Posts
have to go MP3. I got frustrated too. so now I have 3600 songs with room for almost 7 gigs more on the hard drive and looking for more and another 1200 on my Ipod with room for another 250 -300 songs:headbang2:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Why not just stream from the Nano via the USB port.

·
Registered
22 Posts

...I could be wrong
I just bought a '12 Challenger with the 730N and I added about 1200 songs all in .AAC format from iTunes... I did it with a USB jump drive though. If anyone finds out how to do it from the iPod itself, I would be interested in knowing how. However, it could be different than yours since its not the 430...

·
Registered
133 Posts
I haven't looked into it, but can you upgrade the hard drive space?
I believe you can, but IIRC the computer will only recognize up to a certain size---80 or 120GB? Can't remember.

And solid state is your friend in a car. Bumps will destroy a standard HDD over time.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I had to use a 2GB flash drive since the system would not recgonize a 16gb, but have not tried anything in between.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Possible Fix?

I also had similar issues to these... The solution I found was the thumb drive needed a Image file on it also for the system to recognize it!! weird but as soon as I did that and plugged it back in Voila.. it found the image and ALL the .mp3 files on the thumb drive! removed the image file and it no longer found the rest of the files? Worth a shot :icon_confused:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
11 Participants
JWard0209
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing