Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Just bought a 2013 Rallye Redline. LOVING IT so far, but it has a really interesting problem I'm trying to solve. Dealer won't help as they are of the mind I shouldve noticed it before buying it.

So here's the problem:

None of the keyless "Enter and GO" access (including the Push to Start button) features work. It didnt have the Push to Start in it when I bought it and was being started manually with the key fob being inserted into the ignition hole. So I get it home last night and plug in the push to start button. It doesnt seem to do anything but every so often I'll press it and it says "Damaged Key". Then the next time I start it manually with the fob itself it starts just fine but gives me a "Service Keyless Entry" message.

I've already put a brand new battery on the key fob. The car only came with one, so I have no way to test to see if it is the fob itself causing the issue. Trying to open lock or unlock the car by pulling the door handle or pressing the button on the handle does nothing (doors nor trunk lid), however the lock and unlock buttons on the fob work perfectly fine.

What is the next thing I should test? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi all. Just bought a 2013 Rallye Redline. LOVING IT so far, but it has a really interesting problem I'm trying to solve. Dealer won't help as they are of the mind I shouldve noticed it before buying it.

So here's the problem:

None of the keyless "Enter and GO" access (including the Push to Start button) features work. It didnt have the Push to Start in it when I bought it and was being started manually with the key fob being inserted into the ignition hole. So I get it home last night and plug in the push to start button. It doesnt seem to do anything but every so often I'll press it and it says "Damaged Key". Then the next time I start it manually with the fob itself it starts just fine but gives me a "Service Keyless Entry" message.

I've already put a brand new battery on the key fob. The car only came with one, so I have no way to test to see if it is the fob itself causing the issue. Trying to open lock or unlock the car by pulling the door handle or pressing the button on the handle does nothing (doors nor trunk lid), however the lock and unlock buttons on the fob work perfectly fine.

What is the next thing I should test? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
I don't know if it is the same on the '13 as on my '15 but I had a similar issue that I posted about here. Eventually I fixed it myself by pulling one of the interior panels and finding a disconnected antenna for the keyless system. From my research there are 4 keyless antenna, one in the trunk, one beneath the quarter glass on either side and one in the center console. I'd start by making sure they are all plugged in. I don't know if there's a way to test them as I never had to research it that far.

Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
15,349 Posts
I'd also recommend to get a 2nd fob - you don't want to be down to only one and it might not be 100% functioning, plus its a used part

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
I thought there was a setting in the EVIC menu to enable the keyless enter and go feature, have you checked that?

·
Registered
1 Posts
SmgBad, did you solve the problem? I just got a 2012 RT with exactly the same problem plus a battery consumption in about 4 hours.

I did also a new keyfob, everything else works perfectly, just keyless entry and push buton don't work.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I thought if you wanted to add the push button start you had to go to the dealer and have them program for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts